Sr Test Development Engineer
|Location:||Paramit - Corporate Headquarter|
|# of openings:||1|
Paramit is a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company supporting the design and manufacturing of high-quality medical devices and life sciences instruments with various end applications like robotic surgical components, genome mapping, molecular diagnostics, DNA synthesis, Antibody detection, Live cell imaging, therapeutics and many more. The instruments we manufacture are high-tech, complex machines with high-end electronics, mechatronics, optical imaging, fluidics with human interface, consumables to achieve high-end workflows that help in diagnostics, patient care, and even therapy.
Located in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. Paramit has a global presence with manufacturing in bay area as well as Penang, Malaysia with full design groups in the bay area as well as Boston.
We are currently searching for an experienced Test Development/Automation expert to join our team of Sr. HW/SW engineers. This is a role where you will be constantly learning new applications while applying your experience/expertise in hw/sw developemnt in creating automated test platforms for high precision hardware. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with design engineers in a fast-paced, exciting environment to develop automated test fixtures primarily using LabView platform. You will work along with a team of highly experienced hardware, software, and mechanical engineers. You will be architecting and designing automated test fixtures for testing electronics PCBAs with analog/digital I/O, USB/CAN/LAN/HDMI/SPI/I2C interfaces. leaks/pressure on fluidics lines, achieving optical alignment with LED or Laser-based illumination hardware for example. Your development efforts will be achieved by following a phase-based development process which includes understanding the theory of operation of the UUT, architect/design fixtures, developing automation software GUI with a clear Pass/Fail indication, and parametric record retention. Each project is unique and requires project management understanding like scheduling, working with design engineers as well as cross-functional team members to achieve the outcome at an estimated cost, within lead time.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop Functional test fixtures for testing PCBAs, Mechanical Sub-Assemblies and System Test
· Understand test requirements following test plans, test specifications and create test strategy
· Developing tools and fixtures to drive motors, actuators, relays, LEDs, etc. using Analog, Digital I/O
· Windows-based development to develop test software GUI in LabView/Test Stand, Python, Visual Basic, Visual C#
· Develop tools to communicate over I2C, SPI, RS-232, USB or LAN/Wireless medium with sensors, and devices to achieve automation on the manufacturing floor
· Create test procedures and validation documents
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· BS with EE, ME, or CS/CE
· 5+ years of experience in product development or manufacturing engineering
· Ability to read electrical schematics, CAD drawings, and product architecture drawings
· Proven experience developing software using LabView, Python, C/C++ using Visual Studio or Visual Basic/Visual C++/C# in Windows environments
· Proficient in debugging using Oscilloscopes, Digital multi-meter, power supply, and other measurement equipment
· Understanding of communication interfaces, and ability to develop test fixtures using off the shelf hardware in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
· Understanding and proven track record of product release, test fixture release processes and ability to work with document control department to release via ECOs
Preferred Experience Requirements:
· Understanding of SDLC and ability to create documents including software release notes, design documents, block diagrams
· Experience with embedded systems programming/firmware development with micro-controllers like PIC, ARM, Arduino, and SBCs like Raspberry Pi is a HUGE PLUS
· MS-Project or other project management experience is a plus
· Experience working with Medical industry is a BIG plus
· Direct experience working at an EMS developing test fixtures is a plus
Working with Paramit you will be at the forefront of technology and a part of making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries. These industries touch an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer and designer of highly complex, medical devices and life science instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will one day use the products we make. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results