AgenTus Therapeutics is a dynamic new start-up subsidiary developing T cell receptors (TCRs) and chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) designed to supercharge human immune effector cells to seek and destroy cancer. We aim to deliver cures to cancer patients around the world by leveraging our proprietary platforms for TCR discovery, targeting novel phosphopeptide neo-epitopes and developing unique allogeneic cell therapies. Together with our parent company, Agenus, we have a deep and diverse repertoire of immunotherapy treatments that can be used in combinations that will synergize to help the body’s immune system fight cancer.
The CMO will be AgenTus’ medical expert and responsible for strategic development and tactical implementation of the clinical studies for our research programs. This will include providing direct medical/physician oversight for phase I/II and proof of concept clinical trials, and clinician input into all aspects of discovery, preclinical development, and clinical development, from target selection to preclinical and regulatory strategy, clinical development and tactics. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the principles of oncology, pharmacology, nonclinical (toxicology), clinical and regulatory requirements for testing new therapies in humans, and experience working closely with clinical studies. Prior experience in immune-oncology and/or cell therapy would be an asset.
AgenTus is looking for an ambitious, self-motivated physician with high energy and the ability and drive to develop, accomplish and follow up on different medical projects and tasks. The successful candidate should have clinical experience as practicing physician with strong scientific research or clinical background in oncology in general, and immune-oncology and/or cell therapy if possible. Experience about inflammation/autoimmunity is an advantage. The scope for the role is broad and requires an interest for working with many different tasks and duties, as well as being a productive member of AgenTus’ senior team. AgenTus values solid relation building skills, collaboration skills, project management skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
Responsibilities: About the Role
• Provide medical and scientific expertise regarding AgenTus’ disease areas and products. Support the management team and research team with medical expertise and contribute to the overall product development and corporate strategy.
• Develop and update the strategy for the clinical development plan (CDP) according to corporate strategy
• Provide clinical and scientific input into Discovery Research and Early Development activities
• Contribute to the development of robust clinical development plans for each program, including providing content for clinical development and other sections, as needed
• Identify and establish relationships with leading KOL’s and principal investigators, including organizing and running investigator meetings, KOL meetings and Advisory Boards, as needed
• Write and/or review clinical sections of clinical/statistical reports, including investigator’s brochures, IMPD, INDs, Briefing Packages, BLA, and other regulatory submissions.
• Oversee clinical trials as medical expert including oversight of study patients’ safety and wellbeing.
• Oversee, review and approve clinical study reports, as needed
Qualifications: About You