Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm committed to delivering a combination of first-class performance, strategic advice and the highest level of client service with offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, the Carolinas, Delaware, London, New York, Singapore, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm’s institutional and private clients are based in 50 states and more than 39 countries and territories and are served by over 650 colleagues worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm.
Private Client Service provides highly customized and comprehensive service and solutions to our clients. As a key member of this team the Relationship Associate engages directly with clients to proactively address their needs and coordinate prompt, accurate and thorough resolution to their inquiries. In addition, the Associate works closely with Portfolio Managers and Strategic Advisors to facilitate a broad range of investment, trust and planning activities for clients.
The primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in close collaboration with Portfolio Management, Strategic Advisory and Operations teams to provide a high quality, well-integrated service experience to Brown Advisory clients. This includes:
- Manage all aspects of client onboarding including custodian selection, documentation collection, account funding, online enrollment and implementing fee arrangements.
- Build rapport with clients, as well as their outside advisors, (accountants, attorneys.) Assure prompt, accurate fulfillment of all client requests and inquiries.
- Understand fiduciary issues relevant to client relationships; partner with Strategic Advisory team to coordinate tax, estate planning, and fiduciary matters for clients.
- Coordinate gifting activities including processing cash and in-kind gifts; producing gift letters, Crummey notices.
- Understand the advisory fee calculation process and ensure fee arrangements are implemented correctly.
- Establish strong working relationships with Client Service team members we well as partners across the organization. Take initiative to develop junior team members.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects and ongoing business improvement efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; 5+ years of relevant experience in a client-facing role
- Proven ability to build rapport and foster trust with clients and their outside advisors
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities to meet client demands
- Demonstrates professional maturity and discretion in handling confidential and delicate client issues
- Collaborative team-player; self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Highly organized work style; detail-oriented and accurate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in leveraging systems and processes to execute activities with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to understand complex documentation related to account structures, trusts, etc.
- Experience with trust administration and fiduciary functions is required
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
- Wellness program participation incentive
- Financial wellness program
- Gym membership discounts
- Fitness event fee reimbursement
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
- Adoption Benefits
- Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Parental leave
- Group Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.