Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm committed to delivering a combination of first-class performance, strategic advice and the highest level of client service with offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, the Carolinas, Delaware, London, New York, Singapore, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm’s institutional and private clients are based in 50 states and more than 39 countries and territories and are served by over 650 colleagues worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm.
The Fund Administration Team is seeking a dynamic individual to fill our Investment Fund Product Specialist role. This role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to broaden their work experience, learn about the investment industry and advance their career. This role will provide exposure to operations of alternative funds (hedged funds, fund of funds, PE Funds).
Essential Functions/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Fund Administration Oversight
• Manage review of monthly NAVs of multiple pooled asset funds, including hedge funds, fund of fund and PE funds
• Monthly and quarterly investors reporting, facilitate year-end financial statements and tax reporting and legal/compliance filings
• Communicate with Fund Managers and Investor Relations personnel
• Responsible for the reconciliation of investor accounts and investor data between shadow accounting files, independent administrator files and internal accounting systems
• Responsible for communications with fund administrators and auditors
• Manage and organize fund performance data, presentations, monthly letters, etc.
• Maintain contact with client teams and PMs throughout the firm
• Facilitate regulatory filings
• Oversee launch and closure of funds
• Work with other operations teams at the firm to ensure accurate reporting of client balances
Preferred Qualifications May Include:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or related course of study
• CPA License preferred
• At least three (3) to six (6) years of experience in public accounting and/or investment accounting preferred
• Experience with fund accounting or operations a plus
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Superior analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
• Strong background in math and computer use, ability to do manual calculations
• Superior written and oral communication skills. PowerPoint presentation skills a plus.
• Ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion
• Ability to work independently and efficiently on several assignments simultaneously
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
• Wellness program participation incentive
• Financial wellness program
• Gym membership discounts
• Fitness event fee reimbursement
• Corporate gym membership discounts
• Colleague Assistance Program
• Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
• Adoption Benefits
• Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
• Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Paid Parental leave
• Group Long Term Disability
• Pet Insurance
• 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.