Our Salt Lake City, Utah Office is currently seeking a Construction Services Group Manager to join our Transportation Business Unit, Construction Engineering Services (CES) Practice. The ideal candidate is an experienced Construction Services Client/Project Manager, a practice builder and leader whose primary focus will be the development of business relationships, sales, and project delivery of Construction Engineering Management, Inspection and Support Services.
- Serve as the CES Utah Market Construction Services Group Manager and manage, coach and mentor staff in professional, technical, and business development efforts
- Work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment with responsibility for business development, sales, and internal and external client deliverables and schedules
- Serve as a project pursuit champion, when applicable
- Assist in preparing proposals and participating in interviews
- Directly manage projects and support staff in project development and delivery, including scoping, budgeting, contract negotiations and project execution
- Work with CES Nationwide Practice Leader, Utah Market Leader, Business Development professionals to initiate, identify and support project pursuits and assist in project execution
- Work with the CES Practice Leader to identify capital investments, strategic alliances, key hires, training requirements, and growth opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Utah Professional Engineer license is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of field construction management, contract administration and inspection experience either as Resident Engineer, Field Engineer, or QC/QA Manager; preferably 5-10 years of relevant experience in heavy highway, bridge and roadway construction on UDOT projects is preferred
- Working experience of Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) projects, Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction or similar State, City, County, or Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) specifications and standards
- This position requires (or, the ability to obtain within 12 months) the applicable UDOT certifications [such as Construction Engineering Management Training (CEMT); Inspection Qualification Program (IQP); Partnering; Crash Cushion; and/or Transportation Technician Qualification Program (TTQP); and other pertinent certifications] to work on UDOT transportation construction projects
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.