DEA is adding a Senior Drainage Engineer to its Denver based Transportation Group. The successful candidate will provide coordination of project execution and control on civil transportation projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design.
- Perform hydrology/hydraulic analysis for the design and construction of transportation, public site work, private site work and flood control projects.
- Drainage design, including, but not limited to the design of storm sewers, culverts, detention/water quality facilities, bridge deck drainage, river hydraulics, bridge hydraulics and roadside ditches.
- Coordinate efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort.
- Perform design and oversee preparation of plans and details using AutoCAD/Microstation and/or Civil-3D/InRoads/Openroads
- Erosion control and/or stormwater management plans
- Development of specifications, technical report writing and engineering support of construction
- Serve as lead drainage technical liaison with client on project efforts.
- Staff management of local drainage engineering staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of drainage experience
- Demonstrated work experience with hydrologic and hydraulic computer programs including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, CUHP, SWMM
- Local county and municipality project experience
- Licensed Colorado Professional Engineer
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources Engineering
- Colorado Department of Transportation/City and County of Denver/UDFCD project experience
- Experience with 2D hydraulic modeling
- Bridge scour revetment design
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
- Anticipated salary range for this position is $110,000-$140,000 and is based on applicable experience
- RTD EcoPass
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.