DEA’s Salt Lake City, UT office is hiring for a mid-level Public Involvement Coordinator to work with our transportation team on local projects. This position is a full time, standard 40 hours/week and requires on-call availability 24 hours a day, seven days a week for telephone calls and/or emails. Some night or weekend work may be requires as needed. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to use and expand their skillset and experience in public outreach, project coordination, business development and communication techniques.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day operations for assigned public involvement projects;
- Develop effective public outreach strategies for high profile transportation projects;
- Create, edit, and produce public involvement documents;
- Monitor and respond to public inquires via public hotlines and emails accounts. Be available to hotline 24 hours per day, 7 days per week;
- Organize events including open houses, workshops, public hearings, neighborhood meetings, ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, workshops, one-on-one meetings and other public events;
- Produce and maintain stakeholder databases;
- Develop public outreach materials and coordinate distribution among project team members, stakeholders, and client as needed;
- Interact with the public utilizing a wide range of traditional and innovative communication methods;
- Act as a liaison between technical project team members and the public;
- Prepare, compose, and maintain letters, documents, and spreadsheets using Microsoft Office applications ((Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access);
- Participate in business development activities and engage with key clients; and
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by DEA and our clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Public Relations
- 3-8 years of experience planning and conducting outreach or public involvement activities, or community/public relations, city or state planning, or general communications experience.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Detail oriented and enthusiastic with demonstrable knowledge of and ability to implement various public involvement techniques.
- Excellent people skills including the ability to communicate clearly, listen and summarize information, document interactions, and problem-solve or reduce conflicts when possible.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and oral formats including speaking to people one-on-one, in small groups, and to large groups.
- Ability to understand and explain technical information to a variety of audiences, often in high- profile situations.
- Ability to complete complex work assignments on schedule, with limited supervision.
- Adobe creative suite or other graphics programs a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Smart Mobility, Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.