DEA’s Land Development Business Unit is currently searching for a Staff Civil Engineer in our Temecula, CA office. The Staff Engineer’s role is to carry out the individual tasks delegated to them by the Project Engineer or Project Manager. Using prescribed methods, the Staff Engineer performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced professional.
- Assist Project Engineers and/or Project Managers utilizing the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company.
- Perform civil design calculations (i.e. grading, drainage, paving, geometric design, utility, design, etc.), sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment.
- Coordinate project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
- Review drawings supplied by vendors, clients, engineers, and architects; recommend necessary changes.
- Research code issues and work with City, State, and County officials.
- Research design options and document findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- May attend “kick-off” and design review meetings, and interact with clients as his/her level of experience progresses.
- Display proficiency with computer programs such as Civil 3D, Hydrology, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 1-4 years experience in civil design with land development projects
- Proficiency in computer design software programs such as AutoCAD.
- Residential or commercial Land Development project experience is preferred, but could also have public works, industrial, or institutional/educational experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- EIT certification
- Civil 3D experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
Land Development Jobs with DEA:
Dave Evans built a successful professional services consulting firm based on his skill in designing residential communities. Since 1976, DEA has been recognized for preparing innovative designs that balance growth with environmental sensitivity. Today, our land development experts not only thoughtfully design residential communities, we find workable, creative solutions for complex land development projects, including industrial and transit-oriented development; commercial, retail, and entertainment projects; parks and recreation facilities; streetscapes; and master planned communities. DEA also excels at redevelopment. Converting blighted industrial areas into attractive mixed-use communities, mineral extraction sites into clean industry locations, and industrial waterfronts into gathering places are the kind of projects that speak to DEA’s core purpose of improving the quality of life while demonstrating stewardship of the built and natural environments.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.