DEA is currently seeking an Engineering Designer for our Transit and Rail Group in multiple offices. The role of the Engineering Designer is to provide engineering, design, and field observation activities related to transit and rail projects. These activities will occur both in the office and on project sites. Some travel may be required. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Observations and inspections of facilities and construction sites.
- Engineering design of transit, rail, and other transportation projects.
- Site development design, including grading, drainage, utilities, and roadways.
- Preparation of design details, schematics, and engineering specifications.
- Coordination with other project disciplines including structural, architectural, geotechnical, surveying, and other aspects of a project.
- Preparation of quantity and cost estimates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- 1 - 2 years of civil engineering design experience.
- Proficiency with MicroStation and Inroads design software is preferred but not required.
- Licensed Engineer-in-Training (EIT).
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting. Must also have the ability to work on fast-paced, dynamic projects.
- Ability to travel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Competitive Pay Scale
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transit, Rail, and Engineering Jobs with DEA
DEA provides our clients with proven experience in planning, design and engineering, surveying, and construction oversight for a wide range of projects. Our professionals have the technical expertise to develop successful projects for freight and passenger rail systems and other transportation projects. We work directly with Class I railroads, industrial clients, ports, and public agencies to assist with the ongoing and ever-increasing demand to move freight, people, and cargo safely and more efficiently. Our in-house civil engineers, structural engineers, transportation planners and engineers, environmental specialists, and surveyors work together to develop cost-effective and constructible design solutions for our clients.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.