DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Financial Finesse changes financial lives at scale by providing 100% unbiased financial wellness coaching as an employee benefit. As Digital Marketing Manager, you will be focused on driving engagement among our end users (our clients’ employees). With a heavy focus on email marketing, you will develop messaging, campaigns and automations that pull new users in and encourage existing users to act. Beyond email, campaigns may include text, digital flyers/signage, etc.
You’ll report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with the Client Success, Consulting, Product, Tech and Design teams. The Digital Marketing Manager position is based remotely, with some meetings required in our headquarter office in El Segundo, CA.
Supporting client marketing programs
- Develop compelling marketing initiatives to drive usage among our clients’ diverse employee bases. Includes ideation, content development/copy, partnering with Design team, campaign design/execution, testing/QA, monitoring/optimizing, reporting, etc.
- Present recommendations directly to Fortune 100 B2B clients (with Client Success team).
- Partner with Client Success team to prep for annual program strategy meetings, providing strategic guidance and thoughts on future campaigns and initiatives.
Managing end user engagement programs
- Create and maintain compelling email campaigns and automations.
- Write clear, concise and welcoming copy intended to inspire action. Partner with Design team to bring to life visually.
- Manage distribution lists within Active Campaign and Twilio.
- Manage editing and quality assurance process to ensure flawless execution.
- Monitor deliverability and account reputation in-line with CAN-SPAM & GDPR regulations.
Analysis & Reporting
- Work with the Product Manager to iterate and improve (What can we learn from performance data, A/B testing, etc.? Where can we optimize to improve against key KPIs? Consider platform needs/updates. Refine best practices).
- Design and implement tests that support key hypotheses and deliver measurable and impactful takeaways for business growth.
- Pull reporting, analyze, and provide insightful program recommendations.
- 5+ years of content and email marketing experience.
- 3+ years in a client-facing role, B2B preferred. Excellent internal, client-facing, and presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of email best practices, including CRM.
- Experience with email strategy, optimization, personalization, and deliverability.
- Experience building business requirements for list segmentation, workflows, and triggered events within an ESP (ideally Active Campaign).
- Understanding of A/B and multivariate testing methodologies.
- Strong analytic skills, including experience with quantitative test design, customer segmentation, tracking results, and interpreting key insights.
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture or similar).
- Experience with ESPs. Active Campaign and Mail Chimp are a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a major plus.
We are seeking a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a hands-on approach plus:
- A client-focused attitude. You’ll work with multiple clients as well as several internal “clients” (Client Success, Consulting and Product teams).
- Strong project management skills. Organization and attention to detail will be key. As will working cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- A creative, strategic thinker. From copy that inspires to insightful data analysis, your thoughts and ideas will help to inform our style and strategy.
- A proactive, yet adaptable style. You’ll be empowered to look ahead, plan and lay the groundwork for success. As things change, you’ll adjust and reprioritize in real-time.
- The ability to take ownership. You’ll need to be able to quickly understand a project’s goals, then run with it from start to finish, tapping your teammates for help and guidance.
- Experience or special interest in the financial wellness industry is a plus!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The total compensation for the Digital Marketing Manager position ranges from $80,000 to $112,000, including an $80,000 base salary and a comprehensive quarterly and annual bonus program. Additional opportunities exist to participate in the success of the business through cash and equity-based programs. Our full benefit package includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life, HSA and FSA options, a 401(k) with immediate vesting, employee discount programs, a flexible work environment, and (of course!) best-in-class financial wellness resources for employees, friends and family.
ABOUT FINANCIAL FINESSE
Financial Finesse is a boutique, entrepreneurial firm located in El Segundo, CA. Since its founding in 1999, we have been the pioneering leader of the workplace financial wellness industry, which has recently reached an inflection point of growth. As an employee-owned company that operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a philanthropic heart, we love what we do and the people we work with. We leverage the strengths of our people and proprietary technologies to work with large organizations such as Nestlé, CVS Health, Facebook, and the NFLPA to custom design and deliver full-scale, proprietary financial coaching technologies and services provided a free benefit for their employees. We’ve been around for 20 +years, and we’re honored to have been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal as a ‘Best Place to Work’, by Entreprenuer.com as a ‘Top Company Culture’, and Best in Biz as ‘Most Innovative Small Company of the Year’.