The incumbent develops, strengthens, and proactively manages personal relationships with senior executives at the Association’s top member companies to maximize the value of their MBA membership and engagement. S/he coordinates and facilitates integration within the leadership and senior management team in delivering enhanced member value and engagement with MBA. The incumbent provides comprehensive account management and support, connecting members to the MBA resources that support their needs, from engaging on policy issues to leveraging MBA’s conferences, education, and research. Success will ultimately be measured through increased member engagement and satisfaction and sustained retention levels. Incumbent will also be responsible for direct contribution for attaining department and association goals and objectives.
- Serves as the primary account executive for engaging MBA’s 2nd top tier of membership, which includes approximately 80 companies (“the portfolio”); companies include residential and combined residential and commercial/multifamily MBA members
- Builds relationships with key leaders of those companies in the portfolio, identifying opportunities for MBA to better understand and support their business efforts by leveraging MBA resources
- Identifies and understands the issues and challenges of companies in the portfolio, in the context of broader market trends and policy activities
- Monitors and responds to changes in member company M&A activity and member leadership positions. Does immediate outreach and communicates those changes internally and within our database at MBA
- Plans and executes/facilitates company-specific strategic engagement for companies in the portfolio, including member site visits, webinars, in-person meetings at industry events, and ensures completion on any identified MBA action items that result from these interactions
- Utilize tools to track member engagement activity, all travel to industry events and site visits, renewal status, roster management, and other tracking items as assigned
- Working together with other MBA staff and departments to develop and implement strategies to educate key member company leaders and appropriate staff on the relevancy and value of MBA’s resources, including educational products, research, conferences, DE&I, Affordable Housing, etc. Ensures continuous awareness of our offerings
- Direct outreach to member leaders who may be potential candidates that have an interest in taking more active roles in leadership positions inside of MBA
- Foster and strengthen relationships with member leaders with MBA SMT and ensure awareness of opportunities for members to include calls and meetings with SMT, invitations to Chairman’s conference, Chairman’s receptions, on-site meetings in DC, etc.
- Identifying opportunities for MBA leadership to speak at key member events of these top member companies via live video or in-person to ensure engagement and retention
- Managing the member engagement webinars in collaboration with his/her MTeam colleagues
- The ability to travel for MBA related business, up to 40% annually
- College degree required, with preferred emphasis on business, marketing, legal, communications, government, or other job-related disciplines.
- Minimum of seven years of direct industry sales experience (including the closing of quantifiable sales) required – membership sales and account management required.
- Mortgage finance or related Mortgage Banking industry experience required.
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent negotiating abilities and exceptional customer service skills.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to carry out responsibilities independently and consistently within assigned parameters.
- Proficient in organizational, project, and time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Significant business to business sales
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.