The incumbent develops and executes regular cross-channel analysis to showcase marketing campaign effectiveness and recommend improvements. The incumbent also develops and delivers reports to support and shape decision-making and direction relating to product and content development and prioritization. The incumbent works with the marketing team, as well cross-departmentally to define and build key audiences and personas for target marketing. Must have the ability to analyze and provide recommendations at both granular and high levels. Must have the ability to handle many projects at once especially during peak periods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Synthesizes marketing data across multiple channels, including website, social media, marketing automation, and email marketing.
2. Interpret data, formulate reports, identify trends and make recommendations to marketing and MBA for campaign effectiveness and content improvements.
3. Monitors and tracks progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others.
4. Discovers best uses of and builds standard Marketing Automation campaigns for use by the MBA Marketing team.
5. Identifies and builds standardized target audiences/personas for marketing campaigns.
6. Remains fully informed on market trends, research, and best practices.
7. Advises marketing team and management on the best way to review trends and understand how to use data and analytics.
8. Be responsible for completing each project within budget.
9. Adhere to project schedules and meet stated deadlines for all deliverables. Track progress of projects and identify potential delays and problems.
10. Attend internal partner meetings as appropriate to understand goals, as well as share data and reports in a meaningful and actionable way.
11. This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Mass Communications, Marketing, or Liberal Arts is required. Minimum of five (5) years of experience at an ad agency or in-house communications department is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational skills, are essential. Requires proven analytical, research and project management capabilities. Ability to work well with others and provide leadership and project management required. Advanced knowledge and experience in area of specialization. Able to undertake relatively complex management and substantive tasks within the functional area with minimal supervision. Strong creative skills and computer skills are required. Experience in managing budgets required. Experience in associations or financial services a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent in this position encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent in this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Association has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Association reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Association may deem appropriate.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
It is anticipated that less than 20% of time for this position is devoted to "lobbying activities" as designed under the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1993.