The incumbent provides customer service and program support for MISMO and MBA. Incumbent assists with other department programs as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment / Engagement:
- Provides exceptional and timely service for MISMO and MBA customer inquiries via phone and email, including calls from the 800# and the general email accounts. Works with supervisor and/or department head to resolve any outstanding member or customer service issues.
- Maintains accurate and relevant member and customer data in corporate database. Upholds corporate data integrity standards by identifying and resolving data exception issues (i.e. duplicate records). Experience with Aptify is preferred.
- Identifies and provides sales referrals to the MISMO team and MBA when appropriate.
- Processes MISMO and MBA payments, including the Innovation Investment fee, and utilizes the database system for ensuring community access and annual renewal.
- Maintains a working understanding of new and existing MISMO and MBA products and services.
- Develops an ongoing understanding of the real estate finance environment and the role of MISMO, as well as MBA’s role in serving the mortgage industry.
- This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree combined with one-two years of trade association membership or customer service experience. Additional experience can be substituted for education requirements. Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Experience in Aptify CMS preferred. Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills. Attention to detail required. Must also be self-directed but highly team-oriented and capable of working with senior level executives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent in this position encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent in this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Ability to adjust to the stress of traveling.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required as business demands dictate.
The Association has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Association reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Association may deem appropriate.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
It is anticipated that less than 20% of time for this position is devoted to "lobbying activities" as designed under the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1993.