Incumbent is responsible for implementing strategies to provide exceptional member and customer service for general, membership, education and MISMO related inquiries and ensuring continuous improvement in these areas. Works cooperatively across the organization to improve recruitment and retention efforts. Provides effective leadership, direction, and support to Member Services Team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and mentors a current team of customer service professionals for personal and professional growth at MBA.
- Trains staff to ensure exceptional and timely service for member and customer inquiries via phone and email. Works with department head to resolve any outstanding member or customer service issues. Develops and maintains SOPs of customer/member service processes and procedures.
- Develops and maintains tracking mechanisms and reporting protocols for customer service processes. Regularly evaluates effectiveness; identifies and implements solutions for continuous improvement, including call center software and association management system (AMS). Reports on team’s productivity.
- Promotes and maintains accurate collection of member and customer data. Designs and oversees data hygiene efforts as they relate to the AMS.
- In conjunction with the MISMO team, manages Member Services’ processing of the annual MISMO membership renewal and Innovation Investment Fee processes. Maintains a working understanding of MISMO benefits, programs, and procedures. Aids in data hygiene efforts as they relate to MISMO members.
- Manages key aspects of the membership renewal process, including dues collection, payment processing, receipt distribution and terminations. Oversees own renewal portfolio and directs team to manage their renewal portfolios.
- Responsible for the MBA Career Center vendor relationship, including tracking revenue and expenses, budgeting annual cost center, and marketing (internal and external).
- In conjunction with Education department head and Marketing department, develops and maintains automated education course related communication to ensure appropriate messaging.
- Maintains a working understanding of the education registration process, as well as new and existing MBA Education products, programs, and courses.
- Where appropriate, travels to MBA events to meet with potential or existing members and provide on-site management of member engagement and service activities.
- Serves as key member of the membership team and assists as needed with other membership related activities, including conference preparation, staffing of joint email boxes and calls to #800, special projects, etc.
- Develops an ongoing understanding of the real estate finance environment and the role of the trade association in serving the mortgage industry as it relates to these functions.
- This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. At least seven (7) years of association experience and/or customer relations experience. Experience preferred in Association Management systems, especially Aptify. Excellent project management, customer service and communication skills (both written and oral). Demonstrated self-starter. Particular emphasis will be placed on people skills especially the ability to work with all levels of individuals within a business hierarchy.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
It is anticipated that less than 20% of time for this position is devoted to "lobbying activities" as designed under the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1993.