Works independently in the registration area providing outstanding customer service and support to attendees for multiple conferences. Ensures timely and accurate processing and confirmation of conference registrations, attendee hotel reservations, sponsor and exhibit applications, the execution of financial transactions associated with events processing received by phone, fax, email, and lockbox and insures daily & weekly batch closings. In addition, the incumbent provides administrative support functions related to event registration and travels onsite to provide registration assistance for several conferences. The ideal candidate will be an energetic person with excellent written and verbal communication skills who can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
· Processes attendee registrations, exhibit booth and sponsor applications for all conferences to include data entry, customer service, trouble shooting and accurate and timely processing of these payments. Maintains customer records
· Processes attendee housing reservations within the current housing software platform.
· Generates registration lists and badges, data audits and edits.
· Actively cross-promotes to leverage registrations.
· Responsible for inbound and outbound call and email management and responding to member and customer requests and inquiries regarding event registration.
· Produces grammatically correct communications for internal and external customers.
· Provides onsite support for conferences.
· Oversees shipping equipment and supplies to and from the event locations.
· Interacts with registrants, members and colleagues and respond expeditiously to their requests.
· Generates refunds and credits associated with pre-payments, cancellations, substitutions and adjustments.
· Assists the Finance Department with resolving open invoice and billing issues related to event transactions.
· Executes financial transaction batches associated with purchases and ensures daily and weekly batch closings.
The ideal incumbent will possess a high school diploma, three to five years of experience in a high call volume and data processing area, proven attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks. Administrative experience in an association and/or financial services environment helpful in addition to demonstrated experience working with a relational database (iMIS experience preferred, Aptify experience a plus). Strong communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills required. Preference will be given to those with conference/meetings experience. Applicant must be able to travel throughout the continental United States at least six times per year for up to five days at a time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.