The MIL Corporation is seeking a Developer, Senior Analyst (Oracle Senior Developer) to provide support for a Federal Government client in Gaithersburg, MD. The Oracle Senior Developer will provide support for updates to the client’s business systems.
- Under general supervision, develop designs, develop code, test, debug, and document new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Create high-level software design documentation and level of effort estimates for functional requirements provided by the Government.
- Create detail-level software design documentation for functional requirements provided by the Government.
- Develop and/or modify the necessary software/programs to fulfill the functional requirements.
- Perform unit testing of the newly developed code, document unit test results, and prepare them for review by development lead
- Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. May assist in development of software user manuals.
- Work with Development Lead to create developer project estimates (e.g. Rough Order of Magnitude, ROM) estimates, in coordination with Federal staff, to best determine project timelines, efforts, and associated costs.
- Utilize design, development, and Federal financial and business knowledge to proactively evaluate requirements and proactively review legacy designs/code for examples of successful implementations, to successfully meet project timelines and goals.
- Utilize ServiceNow: provide estimates for all assigned work efforts by utilizing ServiceNow's task status, estimated start, and estimated time to complete tasks. Provide key and relevant status updates in ServiceNow's working notes task history.
- Provide cross coverage developer support for other developer positions, as project workloads dictate.
- Effectively work with requirements and test team members to transition work between SDLC phases, whether in a waterfall or agile software delivery methodology.
- Possess technical competency to work on all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Possess understanding of Federal financial and business applications such as but not limited to contracts, grants, travel, bank card, property facilities management and more.
- Possess a high level of technical and product knowledge, including:
- Oracle 11g Forms and 11g Reports, or later version
- Advanced PL/SQL
- Source code control software
- Web technologies of Java and RESTful interfaces
- At least 1+ years of solutioning experience with one or more of the following:
- AWS Cloud environments (development, deployment, and support)
- Java development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to clearly communicate and share solutions and information with fellow team members
- Ability to work with a spirit of service, knowledge sharing, and cooperation in a dynamic team
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination
- AWS certification
- Knowledge of Oracle's Application Development Framework is a plus
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance; please note that the clearance process considers financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.