The MIL Corporation seeks a Budget Analysis, Associate to support a Federal Government client on site in Washington, DC.
- Assist the government manager with financial planning and management, budget preparation, and responses to legislative direction resulting from authorization and appropriation bills
- Provide support to the full life cycle of financial program management (budget development and execution) for assigned portfolio(s)
- Provide budget estimates and analysis for proposed budget activities needed to develop background documentation and justification for budget submissions and presentations
- Review and bring to the attention of appropriate budget government staff any issues of importance noted for assigned portfolio(s). Provide recommendations on how to resolve budgetary issues noted
- Work with Program Officers to assess funding availability and review approved and expected programming to ensure budgets remain within planned funds
- Forecast the timing of funding actions based on the budget cycle and availability of funds at the appropriation and allotment levels and communicate those actions to the government manager and program officers
- Independently draft financial and budget summaries and analyses, position papers, briefing books, talking points and other financial documents, often with short deadlines and turnaround time, for the government manager's review with final audience of executive managers
- Draft, review, amend, and track internal Bureau funding documents for submission by government personnel into the Bureau's financial system in support of domestic and overseas operations
- Independently review and edit press guidance, talking points, factsheets, and other documents, often with short deadlines and turnaround time, for the government manager's review with the final audience of other officials, the foreign or domestic public
- Independently compile, review, and or edit financial reporting for a variety of audiences including the OIG, GAO, the UN Financial Tracking Service, OMB, and others for the government manager's review
- Independently develop usable financial reports, charts, and templates using MS Excel worksheets, SharePoint, and data from the Bureau's financial system for audiences with varying levels of financial expertise, ranging from executive overviews to analyst-level detail
- Review new Federal and Department policies on budgetary process, identify the impact on program issues, and recommend/draft changes to existing procedures
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of computer based programs for use in tracking and analyzing financial information
- Great attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to be flexible in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Federal, Departmental and Bureau budgetary principles, concepts, regulations, practices and procedures to perform various assignments
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- State Department experience
- Federal budget execution experience
- Experience with Momentum
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.