The MIL Corporation is seeking a Network Engineering, Associate (Network Engineer) to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent River, MD location.
The Network Engineer will provide support to the government client and interface with RDT&E and other support organizations. The Network Engineer will apply system engineering and computer networking principles to the development, design and integration of hardware and software systems associated with local, regional and wide area networks and systems that process and route voice, video, data, and imagery information.
- Review detailed network designs and network configurations to ensure consistency with the architecture, as well as gain insight into optimizing network architectures based on real-world applications
- Create, update, and maintain system level baseline documentation to include block diagrams, Simple Network Diagrams (SND), Detailed Network Diagrams (DND), and router & switch configuration Templates
- Implement network and operating System Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to secure all aspects of the network. Assist in providing IATT and ATO packages for lab environments
- Provide engineering expertise and troubleshooting skills to solve problems and restore reliability to the network and associated systems
- Provide inputs to the Weekly Network Report and program data calls
- Conduct research and testing on the latest state-of-the-art information technologies
- Support customer’s briefings and design reviews, and work independently in a multi-tasking environment
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience working independently and/or as part of a Network team to configure, install, support and maintain network hardware and software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Monitoring and controlling the performance and status of the network resources, utilizing software and hardware tools, identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Undertake routine preventative measures, maintain and monitor network security and ensure corporate security compliance. Work closely with other departments/organizations and collaborate with other IT staff on infrastructure activities. Plan and implement future IT development projects and conduct project work.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in system administration of LAN/WAN systems, network security, systems maintenance, systems monitoring/reporting, requirements analysis, requirements planning, resource scheduling, configuration management, and documentation management
- Possess vast knowledge and skills in working with different networks devices and network technologies including switches and routers (Cisco, Brocade), network devices (Firewalls) and encryption devices (KG-175)
- Possess at least 1 current Professional Network Certifications from Cisco (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE) or Brocade/Ruckus
- Must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE and Cisco, Brocade) or be able to obtain within 90 days of start date
- Ability to develop and write Standard Operating Procedures for technical and non-technical consumers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to move/lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to travel up to 15% annually
- Must be flexible with work schedule to include occasional weekends
- Ability to support Mission critical systems located in multiple facilities during extended flight and ground testing
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- Knowledge and experience supporting DREN and/or DISA networks
- Knowledge of Government/DoD/Navy IT Laws, Regulations and Policies to the fleet
- Experience with Navy IT practices and procedures
- VTC and VoIP experience
- Familiarity with the Patuxent River RDT&E network infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience with SolarWinds products
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Information Technology-intensive discipline; HS/GED and an additional 5 - 8 years relevant hands-on Network Administrator or Network Engineering experience may also be acceptable.
All applicants for this position must possess a current Secret with the ability to obtain/maintain a Top-Secret SCI Clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.