The MIL Corporation seeks an Accountant to work with a Federal Government client at our Charleston, South Carolina location. The Accountant will perform accounting, reconciliation, financial systems analysis, and financial reporting support services in the areas of treasury reporting and financial reconciliations. The position requires expert knowledge of accounting, preferably in governmental accounting and experience working with financial management systems.
• Analyze cash differences between Treasury and the Accounting System to determine root cause. Communicates and resolves discrepancies with other departments.
• Analyze large data sets to identify reconciliation discrepancies. Conduct in-depth research and analysis to determine cause and corrective action required.
• Analyze and provide recommendation(s) for variances between proprietary and budgetary cash for assigned funds
• Monthly financial reporting of budgetary resources and status of budgetary resources for assigned funds
• Analyze/research, as necessary, all negative proprietary and budgetary cash G/L account balances. Communicate variances to other departments for resolution.
• Support business process improvements and special project initiatives.
• Sample transactions to ensure posting models, work processes and system processes are working as desired
• Review financial system interface transactions to reconcile and identify any general ledger discrepancies
• 8+ years of experience with accounting, general ledger, financial management processing and reconciliation
• Must be analytical and a team player
• Great attention to detail
• Skilled at working with complex and large data sets for analysis and reconciliation
• Excellent customer service and client interaction skills
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Self-starter with initiative to identify concerns and suggest options for resolution
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and Microsoft Access
· Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
• Federal Government Accounting experience
• Experience in governmental accounting practices and procedures
• Experience working with multiple system interfaces a plus
BA/BS degree in Accounting
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation