Seeking a Systems Engineering, Senior Associate with extensive experience. This position offers a fantastic opportunity to be part of a high-performance team responsible for supporting a full complement of customer-centric technical services.
- Develop and elicit User Activity Monitoring (UAM) and User Behavior Analytics (UBA) Enterprise Solution technical requirements
- Prepare and present formal design documentation, including drawings, plans, spreadsheets, and specifications that address future needs and support the approved design objectives
- Develop and maintain a common data dictionary format and data dictionary that contains type and variation of field format from defined data specification, type, and variation of valid values from data specification, and number of rows submitted by data element/layer/table/text file
- Design and present a plan for an integrated data storage solution and an integrated enterprise disaster recovery/backup solution
- Provide technical requirements on how to visualize data from UAM, UBA, and other data sets
- Provide recommendations on discovering abnormalities and unknown threats using the various data sets contained in the data dictionary
- Support the development of the Capabilities Analysis Report
- Lead a team conducting analysis and development of customer-driven technical data architectures and solutions
- Design, plan, and integrate a data-intensive application framework using modern data-centric enabling technologies, cloud computing and virtualization architecture
- Provide specific, detailed information for technology implementations, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet mission needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Develop a white paper with the identification and recommendations regarding which UAM solution could be the best fit for each component, if an enterprise solution would benefit the department, and possible cost savings for each approach
- Determine network route(s) from each component to ensure proper delivery of data sets
- Create network diagrams and facilitate associated white paper for each component that explains the movement of data
- Provide recommendations on design objectives for the Insider Threat Program (ITP) network architecture including reliability of business operations, data storage, increased protection against cyber security threats, increased accessibility, flexibility, and expansion
- Develop and deliver a transition plan for the program office from Technical Evaluation and Delivery to an Internal Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- United States citizenship is required
- 8 years of IT experience with a varied background of data dictionary development, data normalization, enterprise architecture, data storage, cloud infrastructure, IT security, and network engineering
- Proven communication skills with both inter-agency and external components
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- Experience identifying databases that are located within other program offices and other interagency organizations
- Experience with data normalization strategies
- Expertise in determining the approaches for making heterogeneous data sources broadly available for discoverability and access to support a wide consumer-base, analytic needs, and use by diverse applications, services, and systems
- Technical expertise to evaluate and report on new cloud technologies and architectural approaches
College or University Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.