The MIL Corporation is looking for Telecommunications Engineering Technicians (Junior and Journeyman Levels) to support the installation of Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP) telecommunications cabling and related cabling infrastructure. These roles support a Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, MD location.
- Perform site surveys and support creation of schedule/cost estimates for ISP and OSP work at DoD Customer sites (CONUS and OCONUS).
- Interpret engineering packages and support job site coordination support for materials, tools, and work crews.
- Interface with the end customer, attend project meetings, submitting daily or weekly status reports as applicable.
- Work within ISP/OSP installation crews to perform infrastructure installation, demolition, and updating.
- Co-ordinate with customers and external contractors for installation of facility modifications such as power connections and HVAC equipment.
- Assist for pre-installation testing of materials.
- Perform efforts within confined spaces as necessary.
- Maintain responsibility for quality of efforts and safety of personnel.
- Provide redlines to as-built drawings and documentation.
At least 50% of the time, to CONUS and OCONUS sites as required.
- Demonstrable understanding of TIA/EIA, BICSI, IEEE, or related standards as they apply to the installation of OSI Layer 1 infrastructure.
- Experience working OSP and/or ISP cabling and cabling infrastructure.
- Ability to interpret engineering packages.
- Experience working in inside and outside cable plant environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and organization skills.
- Familiar with and ability to apply the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to interface professionally with individuals at all levels and communicate effectively with project staff and other team members.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Visio, Microsoft Office suite, and SharePoint.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- Ability to perform necessary activities required for ISP/OSP installation and related actions,
- Must be able to lift items up to National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) limits.
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small, cramped, or confined spaces.
- Must be able to work in hot humid places, as well as cold places.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Experience with testing fiber and/or copper.
- Experience working in data centers and server farms.
- Curent Top Secret / SCI clearance
- Current BICSI Installer Certification and continued certification/training.
- Current BICSI Technician and continued certification/training.
- Fiber and copper certifications.
- Confined space certification.
- Associates degree in a related technical area.
A high school diploma or equivalent
All applicants for this position must possess an active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top-Secret/SCI clearance; please note that the clearance process considers financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.