The MIL Corporation seeks an Accountant to support a Federal Government client at one of our Charleston, SC locations. The Accountant will provide financial management services to include budgeting, accounting, reconciliation, analysis and financial reporting to the federal client in accordance with existing USG policies and regulations.
- Provide transactional accounting, record obligations/expenditures, and general financial management analysis services to PSU customers. Prepares source documentation for requisitions for services; creates, organizes, and maintains files using database and spreadsheet programs; collect, retrieve, and organize data to identify financial discrepancies and resolve client inquiries; and report development, preparation, and presentation.
- Work closely with Post and external organizations to develop accurate ICASS budgets and workload counts; identify and compile trends and developments in financial systems and present findings to all levels of management. Prepare budgets, cost projections and other financial analysis for Post on an as need basis.
- Utilize Department of State and Bureau specific financial tools to record and monitor financial transactions to include RFMS, GFMS, E2 and ILMS.
- Prepare budgets, cost projections, status of funds and other financial analysis in accordance with established periodic deadlines and as requested by management. Software utilized will include ICASS, WebRabit, and Microsoft Excel.
- Receive and monitor Advice of Allotments (AOA’s) - The subdivision of funds is accomplished by a bureau issuing Advice of Allotment(s) to posts or activities/programs.
- Record obligations for those AOAs in the financial systems and send the fiscal data to post and/or bureau, so contracts can be complete in ILMS.
- Fund all other procurement actions using ILMS or other method, as applicable.
- Review and reconcile all payroll transactions and Journal Voucher (JV) those post-held costs associated with a PSC to the bulk obligation established.
- Monitor post-held charges for payroll charges of direct hire employees and Journal Voucher when erroneous charges are identified.
- Review the Status of Funds Report and Status of Obligations Report for accuracy and reconciliation. This includes monitoring all travel-related transactions which PSU will need to de-obligate from established bulk obligations.
- Monitor staff travel advances and act as needed to ensure closing of travel orders and collection and prompt resolution of advances.
- Contact CGFS American Pay technicians to resolve payroll related issues.
- Knowledgeable of E2 and HR/PCS travel and related travel obligations. Monitor and research 477 and other accounting transactions to ensure accounts are properly posted.
- Provide financial reporting to Post Management, as well as Bureaus in Washington.
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university in the suggested field of study, but not limited to: Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or a related field and 4 years of related work experience.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- Embassy/post budgeting, financial analysis and financial management experience and detailed understanding of the ICASS process.
- Experience in Department of State financial management preparing ICASS budgets is highly desired.
BA/BS or equivalent education
MRPT - Moderate Risk Public Trust
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $71,987.76 - $83,185.86 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL’s complete compensation package.
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.