The MIL Corporation is now hiring!
Let your imagination take flight supporting the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD). Looking to find work that stimulates your mind, challenges your skills, and satisfies your curiosity? MIL currently holds several multi-year contracts with NAWCAD in the areas of Cyber, C5ISR, and Information Technology systems.
The MIL Corporation Cyber (CSS) Sector is seeking Communications, Senior Associate to serve as a Tactical Datalink, Communications, and Networking subject matter expert for assigned projects Patuxent River, Maryland. In particular provides technical expertise in one or more areas: Line of Sight (LOS) communications, Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) communications, SATCOM, communications security and tactical data link systems including Link-16, TTNT, VMF, other LPI/LPD waveforms. This position will require working in classified spaces. May be eligible for some remote work depending on contract/client and hiring manager approval.
- Keep current in RF voice/data, TDL, Networking and/or digital communication technology areas and other related technologies as they evolve.
- Develop technical strategies and design solutions in support of the acquisition, integration and sustainment of networking, datalink, and radio communication products (i.e.) into their dedicated configuration or platform.
- Research, analyze, and track communication systems throughout their acquisition life cycle and monitor critical events such as program schedule, milestones, technical performance, funding, and documentation.
- Research the applicability of current and evolving technology pertinent to related avionics development programs/projects.
- Perform system, subsystem and equipment interface and integration analyses and/or trade-off studies.
- Conduct feasibility assessments, systems engineering trade studies, issue analysis and present findings to management.
- Provide technical guidance and support to facilitate developmental products through design reviews events.
- Prepare formal program materials that may include white papers, presentations, future road mapping concepts, acquisition materials, and portions of technical documents such as specifications, and technical requirements. Factor in Non-Development Items (NDI) and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) acquisition policies when developing plans.
- Monitor, and evaluate risk, cost, schedule, safety, and system performance impacts to the customer.
- Regularly communicate with customers, Division Leadership, and across program IPTs, industry, and other Department of Defense (DoD) communities.
- Work with Division leadership and customers in the development of broad technical objectives for new program initiatives, postulate conceptual approaches, identify organic capability needs, and/or perform long range planning activities to support assigned projects.
- Represent the Division and/or customer at conferences, meetings, committees, working groups and ad-hoc task groups for the purpose of exchanging information on technical matters relating to DoD, Department and Division programs, and developing mutually satisfactory solutions to important issues.
- Work with Division and customer leadership to identify staffing and skills required to carry out assigned or future project requirements.
- Support the Mission Aligned Organization's Management. that may entail activities such as providing work examples for tasking efforts, program status summaries, reviewing proposed standard operating procedures and processes, and identifying program specific training needs from a total program perspective.
- 10 years professional engineering experience, in conducting hardware and software diagnostics/integration and working with Communication systems.
- 10 years experience involving Tactical Datalink, SATCOM, Line of Sight (LOS), Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS), RF, Voice/Data with subsystem integration, analysis, test and evaluation activities that include, but are not limited to: communications; Identify Friend or Foe (IFF); air traffic control systems; and collision avoidance.
- Per federal guidelines, ability to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination by January 18, 2022.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering from an ABET accredited course of study.
All applicants for this position must possess a current Secret clearance (TS Desired); please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.