The MIL Corporation is seeking an Accounting, Associate (Intermediate Accountant) to work with a Federal client in Washington DC. The Intermediate Accountant assists in on-going financial reconciliations and closing out of account balance activity across all financial management areas, to include advances and prepayment, reimbursable agreement authority, Undelivered Orders (UDOs), liabilities, and other areas as necessary.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis into all outstanding or abnormal activity to determine root cause of balances and develop mitigation plans to ensure proper accounting closeout.
- Liaise with financial management staff across to research and reconcile activity and validate adherence to Treasury Financial Manual accounting.
- Facilitate and present findings during review sessions of all outstanding financial activity associated with financial accounting closeout, including maintaining on-going reconciliation analysis of all identified activity.
- Analysis and reconciliation of UDO activities to Trial Balance and Standard General Ledger accounts.
- Analysis of UDO risk stratification amongst all obligation categories, including validation that risk assignments are appropriately determined and analyze future risk categories.
- Manage data call activities, primarily via MS SharePoint development and maintenance, in concert with staff and with all UDO managers, to include providing management reporting on status of activities.
- Analyze results of UDO validation activities, to include targeted assessment and facilitated management review of high-risk UDOs and substantive and statistical sampling of UDO validation results (using auditing methods consistent with GAGAS) for accuracy and preparation of accompany audit results.
- Facilitate data analysis and results, such as Quarterly Accounts Payable accruals; Plant, Property, and Equipment (PP&E) reconciliations, and Governmentwide Treasury Account Symbol Adjusted Trail Balance System (GTAS) financial reporting.
- Manage Executive Management review and confirmation of quarterly UDO validation process, to include analysis and preparation of all summary memoranda documenting results of all activities and facilitating all formal briefing sessions to present results of high -risk UDOs, sampling results and overall quarterly assessments.
- Conduct and document an analysis of accounts payable activity quarterly through analytical and invoice sampling procedures and determine an appropriate algorithm to support these accounting procedures with high accuracy.
- Assisting in the creation and troubleshooting of UFMS and FRA reports; customized queries; data manipulation and validations.
- Preparing for key reporting activities such as Central Accounting Reporting System (CARS) and GTAS reporting, budgetary reporting and quarterly financial statements including in-depth analysis into financial transactions and accounting activities. This includes the preparation of data reporting and dashboard visualizations to support process management and presentations to FBI Senior and Executive Management.
- Provide direct management over monthly analysis and validation of prior-year obligation adjustment activity.
- Providing support and guidance on the FBI Annual Financial Audit.
- Five years or more accounting-related work experience in Government accounting and financial management.
- Five or more years of working experience in dealing with the full cycle of accounting transactions and internal controls including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Five or more years of specialized experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, USSGL posting logic, TFM, and Federal accounting principles.
- Five or more years of specialized experience in both leading and providing technical direction to complex accounting challenges and providing recommendations and solutions that are legal and auditable.
- Five or more years of specialized experience with Standard General Ledger accounting principles.
- Possess a current financial certification such as Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), etc.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
All applicants for this position must possess an active Top-Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.