The MIL Corporation is seeking a Financial Consulting, Associate (Senior Financial Analyst) to work with a Federal client in Washington DC. The Senior Financial Analyst performs complex financial analysis and modeling.
- Gather, interpret, and evaluate financial information
- Develop recommendations to achieve the Unit and/or Section financial objectives.
- Perform a variety of budgetary functions implementing budgetary program, policies, and procedures.
- Provide support in the areas of budget, billing, reporting and financial management for project initiatives.
- Provide insight on financial trends, suggest optimization strategies, and offer insight into potential business models.
- Develop and assist in the management of annual budgets for operating and capital expenses.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses and recommendations.
- Calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Assist in the development of plans and budgets for operating and capital expenditures.
- Forecast management plans and prepares monthly performance, explaining variances.
- Assist in determining financial consequences of alternative methods, plans and strategies.
- Develop, formulate, and revise budget request from various Programs, Units and Sections.
- Consolidate the accuracy of budget estimates using statistical techniques
- Monitor and track obligations and expenditures for assigned activity accounts on related budgetary forms, schedules, and reports.
- Verify that obligations and expenditures occur on a timely basis in accordance with the annual spend plan and regulatory contracts and are within amounts programmed.
- Develop corrective financial action plans, as required, that support project policies, procedures, and goals.
- Participate in change management and contingency management processes.
- Prepare budget and cost reports for submission to management.
- Review cost data with management and coordinate resolution of concerns with other team members.
- Determine solutions and/or implement enhancements to improve business intelligence reporting.
- Identify and propose solutions to management problems characterized by their breadth, important, and severity.
- Eight years or more of financial analyst, budget formulation and budget execution experience.
- Eight years or more experience in performing financial calculations such as time Value of Money, Annual Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Periodic Amortization, and using financial calculator and excel spreadsheets.
- Eight years or more experience calculating complex figures, forecast and prepare budgets and conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Eight years or more of experience analyzing and applying problem solving methods to identify complex problems, draw conclusions, make recommendations, and provide solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to calculate advanced financial figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- In-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- Experience in a federal financial management environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
All applicants for this position must possess an active Top-Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.