COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER - CHILDREN & ADULTS
$500 EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS
JOB CATEGORY: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH / CASE MANAGER / COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY SUPPORT SERVICES - CCSS
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision, this position provides Comprehensive Community Support Services (CCSS) for adults with significant behavioral health disorders and their families AND for children or adolescents experiencing Serious Emotional/Neurobiological/Behavioral Disorders and their families, to improve quality of life and maintain the highest possible ability to function independently within the community.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required plus three years experience working with the target population; or AA degree in a human service field plus two years experience working with the target population; or a related Bachelor’s degree plus one year relevant experience working with the target population. Related college degrees include Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Family Studies, Special Education and Human Services.
The adult target population is defined as adults with one of the following:
• Severe Mental Illness (SMI);
• Chronic Substance Dependence; or
• Co-occurring disorder (mental illness/substance abuse) and/or dually diagnosed with a primary diagnosis of mental illness; AND
The children’s target population is defined as:
• Children or adolescents at risk of / or experiencing Serious Emotional/Neurobiological/Behavioral Disorders.
• Certification as a Peer or Family Specialist can substitute for one year of related work experience.
• Bilingual (English / Spanish) or (English / Navajo) preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certifications within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certifications current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
• Criminal Records Check.
• May be required to use personal transportation to carry out job duties.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
• Must provide a current motor vehicle record.
• Must provide current personal owner liability automobile insurance and must maintain the insurance coverage throughout the course of employment in this position.
• Must submit to a motor vehicle record check on an as needed basis and maintain a satisfactory driving record that is within the limitations of PMS Human Resources Policy II.D.3, Automobile Usage, and applicable state and federal laws.
• Must comply with PMS Policies on Automobile Usage, II.D.3, Drug Free Workplace, III.H and applicable state and federal laws.
• May be required to complete transportation related trainings.