The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is seeking an experienced Mechanic for our 24/7 operation, including weekends and holidays. Candidates must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Plans work using experience, charts, and/or manuals.
- Performs "road calls."
- Makes road repairs; makes arrangements for available coach for drivers
- Repairs or replaces parts in transmission, adjust brakes, treadle values using mechanics hand tools and lubricating.
- 18 years of age
- Current valid Driver’s License
- No Moving Violations in the past 24 months
- No convictions within the past 5 years
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen
- Ability to obtain and maintain Class B CDL with Passenger endorsement (CDL Permit is acceptable if obtained prior to date of hire).
- Successful performance on test(s)
- Minimum of 3 years diesel mechanic experience or 5 years automotive experience for Mechanic “A”
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and be able to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle driving review.
- “A” Mechanic starting hourly rate of $25.01
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Participation in County Employee Retirement System
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation
If a closing date is shown on the job posted, you must apply before midnight (12:00 a.m.) of the date prior. Example: If the closing date is October 10, the posting is open for applications on October 9 until 12:00 a.m. Applications are not accepted on the closing date.
Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the community we serve. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the position.
TARC is a Drug Free Workplace