Procurement and Contract Administrator
The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) has an opportunity for an experienced, team oriented and energetic Procurement & Contract Administrator. The individual in this role plans, organizes, facilitates, participates in, develops, manages, and evaluates procurement projects to support the on-going needs of Transit Authority of River City. This role shall support the operational requirements of the Authority through collaboration and partnership with our internal project owners, department users and inter-agency stakeholders, using a data driven approach to deliver greatest value to the Authority and its transit riders.
- Identify procurement opportunities by collaborating and assisting in budget planning with project owners, department users and other stakeholders.
- Conduct formal procurement planning meeting with stakeholders, and if necessary other external collaborators.
- Assist and support in the review process of the technical specifications and the development of statement of work to ensure specifications and statements of work complies federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Defines, develops, facilitates and oversees the end-to-end procurement cycle
- Oversee the communications throughout the progress and activities of the solicitation to ensure preservation of integrity of the procurement solicitation process.
- Preside over evaluation committee meetings, oversee the committee and attend any presentations and demonstrations being procured.
- Responsible for the administration, implementation, modifications, changes and disputes of contracts.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field with four (4) years of experience in a formal purchasing environment or two (2) years of buying or procurement experience in a public agency.
- Working knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Program or other database, financial enterprise and/or procurement systems of similar complexity required.
- Experience with administration of bids, contracts and purchasing procedures required.
- Ability to self-manage and make decisions about inventory and supplies.
- Candidate must be well organized with the ability to multi-task and accurately handle detail work.
- Should possess good math and analytical skills and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful performance on pre-employment test(s).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment tests.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance (benefits begin the 1st of the month following date of hire)
- Participation in County Employee Retirement System (CERS)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation
- Tuition Assistance for Eligible Employees
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Fitness Facilities
Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the community we serve. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the position.