Hostler (Bus Cleaner)
The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is seeking a Hostler (Bus Cleaner) for our 24/7 operation. Operates coaches and drives them to and from cleaning stations and through the wash rack during routine service process; and parks them on proper track. Performs duties of station attendant as required. Candidates must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed, including nights, weekends and holidays.
At TARC we believe in valuing all employees. Our motto of Teamwork, Appreciation, Respect, and Communication provides a foundation for success in operations and delivering exceptional service to our customers, passengers, and community. We are seeking individuals who pride themselves in attendance, safety, and customer service.
- Sweeps, mops, dusts, and vacuums interior of coaches
- Checks milieage, fluid levels, fare box reading and enters data in EZ Fleet data collector
- Picks up, moves, and empties heavy trash containers and other objects weighing up to 20 lbs. year round.
- Drives coaches to and from cleaning stations and waskh rack- parks on assigned tracks.
- Checks coaches for any damage and ntes on defect card; may drive coaches to repair area
- High School diploma or GED
- 18 years of age
- Current valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen
- Class B CDL with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements (CDL Permit is acceptable if obtained prior to date of hire)
- Successful performance on test(s)
- Hostler starting hourly rate of $20.76
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Participation in County Employee Retirement System (CERS)
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Fitness Facilities
If a closing date is shown on the job posted, you must apply before midnight (12:00 a.m.) of the date prior. Example: If the closing date is October 10, the posting is open for applications on October 9 until 12:00 a.m. Applications are not accepted on the closing date.
Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the community we serve. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the position.
TARC is a Drug Free Workplace