Starting salary $52,000/annually
The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) has an opportunity for an experienced; team oriented and energetic Operations Supervisor. This position manages and monitors coach operator performance and routes while coaches are in service. Supervise during special events and also conduct security checks on various routes. Conducts investigations of customer complaints and assists with accident investigation. This position will also perform administrative functions including posting bulletins, writing detours and filling in for office personnel. Responsible for drafting, updating and implementing operating policies and procedures as needed in accordance with the agencies goals and objectives.
At TARC we believe in valuing employees. Our motto of Teamwork, Appreciation, Respect and Communication provides a foundation for success in operations and delivering exceptional service to our customers, passengers, and community. We are seeking individuals who pride themselves in attendance, safety and customer service.
- Manage and Monitor Bus Performnace
- Supervise Employees
- Investigate Accidents/Incidents
- Maintain Customer/Community Relations
- Perform Administrative Functions
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in transit operations.
- Valid Driver's license and hold or be able to earn a Commercial Driver's License.
- Safe driving record
- Comprehensive knowledge of TARC service area is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare clear, concise and comprehensive reports, presentations and other written materials for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance (benefits begin the 1st of the month following date of hire)
- Participation in County Employee Retirement System (CERS)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation
- Tuition Assistance for Eligible Employees
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Fitness Facilities
If a closing date is shown on the job posted, you must apply before midnight (12:00 a.m.) of the date prior. Example: If the closing date is October 10, the posting is open for applications on October 9 until 12:00 a.m. Applications are not accepted on the closing date.
Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the community we serve. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the position.
TARC is a Drug Free Workplace