The Configuration Manager is responsible for applying and administering configuration management policies and procedures associated with operating, maintaining, sustaining and securing the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) satellite ground systems. Will document, and coordinate control of the baseline ground system configuration. Will maintain the Contractor Management Baseline (CMB) in accordance with established requirements, coordinating with the Asset and Property Managers to ensure the Software Licenses, Hardware Warranties, and property inventories remain aligned with and are updated in the CMB. Will use NOAA's Enterprise Configuration Management Tool (ECMT) to document scheduled work; ensure active tasks are regularly managed and updated in ECMT; communicate with managers to support operational and sustainment priorities; and integrate ECMT activities across projects and programs. Will identify potential configuration management process improvements. Will interface closely with the Government's Configuration Manager on a regular basis, ensuring customer satisfaction is maximized and that configuration management processes are followed by all contractor staff. Specific duties include:
- Serve as Configuration Control Boards (CCB) Executive Secretary.
- Create, distribute, and track meeting schedules, agendas, topics, action items, etc.
- Create dumps of Work Requests (WRs) and Configuration Control Requests (CCRs) to review for each mission area at each relevant CCB.
- Help lead the meeting to review, discuss and gain concurrence on every reviewed request for approval or actionable follow-up.
- Follow up on all action items and maintains status reports for each CCB.
- Support the Government in operating and maintaining CM processes using ECMT for all OSPO systems. Oversees OMS configuration management processes and spot checks CCRs and work products to assess configuration management training needs of the OMS staff.
- Track timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of CM Plans, Procedures, and Configuration Control Board (CCB) Charters and updates. Provides input to CM plans, procedures, CCB charters and other documents as requested.
- Oversee the OMS change request process to facilitate Configuration Change Requests (CCR) deliverables are submitted with all required documentation for all changes made during operations, maintenance, and sustainment of any hardware or software.
- Ensure the Government's Microsoft SharePoint based document management system for creating or modifying documentation is properly used by all OMS teammates.
- Provide Configuration Change Request Report and ensures that metrics on changes are timely, accurate, and complete for all CCRs.
- Review all Mission Impact Assessments (MIA) for each CCR with an open problem report, which may include details related to system performance analysis, capacity planning, and cost estimates over the performance period.
- Review updates to the Governments SharePoint technical documentation library and ensure that any needed updates are reported to the appropriate OMS manager.
- Ensure one OMS staff member is assigned as responsible party for maintaining each operating procedure, document, diagram, data set, configuration file, or technical data package used in the operations, maintenance, and sustainment of all Assigned Systems.
- Maintain a list of the individuals assigned for each documentation configuration item.
- Oversee and report on the maintenance of the comprehensive set of Government-owned contract documentation. contract documentation shall include the following tasks:
- Provide/report a list/log of all documents created or modified each month,
- Ensure that all documents maintain the required government /contract markings,
- Ensure that all documents are provided in the correct document format.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings and provide meeting action items, presentations, reports, and meeting notes as required.
- Attain and maintain expert level skills in configuration management, configuration management tools, and general office automation tools.
- Develop an individual development plan for annual skill refreshment / enhancement and meet the IDP goals.
- Provide briefings / training on the OMS Configuration Process, tools, use, features, capabilities to managers and staff members.
- Seek to improve overall contract performance by supporting configuration management activities, process improvement, innovation, training, and collaboration to inform teammates and facilitate / expedite work in new and innovative ways.
4+ years of experience applying and administering configuration management policies and procedures. Demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including ability to communicate effectively with customer and contractor senior management. Teamwork experience and skills in communicating with teams
- PMI certification as PMP
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) DEV and SVC practices
- ITIL v4 Foundation
- Earned Value Management experience
- IBM Clear Case / Clear Quest
- Sunflower Personal Property System, IBM Rational Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), Sword Active Risk Manager
- Experience in Federal IT, systems development, systems engineering projects
- Experience with NASA / INCOSE Systems Engineering, Quality and Configuration Management processes
- Experience with NOAA Configuration Management processes and procedures
- Experience with SharePoint or other enterprise document and change management tools
- Experience with Source Code management tools such as Subversion, git, Perforce, etc.
- Expert level skill with Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat
Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent.