POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Distribution Designer for the Power Delivery Distribution Department in our Houston, Texas office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The qualified candidate should be familiar with the design and operation of utility electrical systems which they can apply their knowledge for developing new designs
- Compilation of design packages for construction
- Perform quality reviews of project deliverables
- General experience in the design, operation, construction, and maintenance of overhead and underground distribution lines (4 kV through 35 kV) and/or strong familiarity with construction processes
- Exposure to utility standards, NESC, and an understanding of construction techniques
- Must be able to successfully pass client's background screening process
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- A two-year technical certificate or degree is preferred but not required
- Prior utility design experience or distribution line work is highly preferred
- Exposure to utility Geographical Information Systems (GIS); GE Smallworld, ArcFM, etc.
- Ability to work in design teams, is self-motivated to perform assigned tasks, and take the initiative to learn the trade
- Exposure to utility standards, the ability to use design software packages, and general construction knowledge and aptitude
- Strong computer design skills, the ability to learn new software packages efficiently, and retain and apply on the job training
- Must have strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communications skills
- Some travel should be expected
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development, and a full benefit package:
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!