Mid to Senior System Controls Engineer / Specialist
Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers, Inc – Facilities Business Unit Controls Department is currently seeking a Mid to Senior System Controls Engineer / Specialist to work out of our Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the successful completion of assigned projects. Assigned projects will include control systems, SCADA, and communications for industrial, commercial, and federal clients.
Desired technical disciplines include the following areas
- Control system design: Develop drawing packages that accurately indicate the scope of work required to bid and construct a system. Packages may include demolition plans, general arrangement drawings, control panel layout drawings, wiring diagrams, I/O sheets, and network diagrams.
- Logic and Control System programming: develop and implement logic and control schemes for manufacturing facilities; develop programs on various platforms for the implementation of these schemes; travel to project sites to test and commission the control schemes. Must be proficient at one or more of the listed platforms: Rockwell Automation, GE Automation, Siemens, or other automation platforms.
- Networking and Communications: design and configure network and communication paths for industrial control networks; specify and design communication networks considering data security and availability; develop basic specifications for copper, fiber optic, and other network physical media; travel to project sites to troubleshoot and commission network and communication systems.
The successful applicant must also demonstrate aptitude in the following
- Initiative and self-sufficiency
- Spoken and written communication
- Leadership and mentoring
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Interpersonal relations
- Requires a BSEE or an AS degree with equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of industry experience in technical disciplines described in the Job Description section
- Must be free of any felony convictions due to client requirements
- Professional Engineer license
- Preference is given to applicants with any of the following: power system courses covering topics such Ethernet and networking, PLC programming, network communication protocols, network security, intro to utility SCADA, three-phase power, power electronics, standby power systems, and rotating machines.
- Experience in mentoring others and in providing technical and commercial leadership in customer-focused engineering projects
- Experience in multiple processed food platforms (i.e. meat & poultry, dairy (spray drying, PMO, CIP, etc), bottling and snack foods)
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good Work. Have Fun. Make Money.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development and a full benefit package:
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!
#hj #LI-SH1 #LI-Hybrid