Mid-Level Power Delivery Distribution Engineer
POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Mid-Level Power Delivery Distribution Engineer for the Power Delivery Distribution Department in our Portland (Lake Oswego), Oregon office.
Roles and Responsibilities
The qualified candidate must be familiar with the design and operation of utility distribution systems through direct employment within a utility’s distribution department, by consulting of distribution planning and design to utilities, or a combination of the two. Other responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- System planning and design for overhead and underground systems in varying electrical and environmental conditions, with varying client and industry standards
- Design and construction of underground network systems
- Ability to have direct, positive client interaction on all phases of projects
- Leading teams of engineers, designers, field personnel, and drafters to complete projects
- Assisting with or managing proposal, work plan, budget, and schedule development
- Ability to apply engineering calculations to various project challenges to develop the most complete and competent design
- Ability to review and sign/seal engineering packages and reports
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Civil, or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineering license (P.E.) or equivalent, or ability to achieve P.E. within six months
- Significant knowledge of the design and operation of overhead and underground distribution lines (4 kV through 35 kV)
- A strong knowledge of underground network systems (grid and spot networks)
- Experience with utility standards, NEC, NESC, joint facilities design, compatible units, and construction package development
- Must be able to successfully pass client's background screening process
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Must have a strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communications skills
- Must have the ability to travel upon occasion
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or Management
- PMP Certification
- P.E. in Oregon
- Six (6) + years’ utility distribution exposure
- Exposure to utility GIS such as GE Smallworld, ArcFM, AUD, etc.
- Exposure to work management programs such as STORMS, SAP, etc.
- Exposure to electrical loading and analysis programs such as CYMEDIST and MilSoft
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good Work. Have Fun. Make Money.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development and a full benefit package:
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!