|Location:||OH – Cincinnati|
Radio One is looking for a talented Program Director to competently* and professionally* ensure that the stations' Programming supports the company's strategic direction and outcomes at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50), outstanding computer skills, some travel required. This position will oversee two radio stations; Cincinnati-WIZF and Columbus-WCKX. The position will be based in Cincinnati, OH.
OBJECTIVES (by Responsibility):
1. To ensure that all reporting staff have the necessary skills to perform their assigned Job Responsibilities at the highest level of professionalism (consistently appropriate) and competence (effective and efficient) on an ongoing basis.
2. To maintain High Performance and effectively deal with Identified
3. Non-Performance in a timely manner (within 48 hours).
4. To ensure and support all direct reporting staff in doing their own Performance Appraisals every six months days.
5. To recruit and train new staff when and where required.
6. To ensure that appropriate Self-Management is exercised at all times, as it applies to the overall function and specifically as it relates to:
1. To develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive Plan to ensure that the station competently meets the targeted audience's needs on an ongoing basis.
2. To support in the development of appropriate research models to achieve maximum ratings performance on an ongoing basis.
3. To regularly and when relevant consult with internal and external resources to solicit objective input as it relates to the overall planning process.
4. To investigate and stay current with all relevant information as it applies to identified competitors an ongoing basis.
1. To ensure that the stations programming meets the ongoing needs of the targeted audiences. This includes:
· Air Checks and Coaching
· Facilitating relevant meetings
· Evaluating and deciding what goes to air
· Creating relevant templates as they apply to different departments
· Advising relevant departments regarding their contribution to on-air programming.
1. To effectively deal with listener complaints and suggestions on an ongoing basis.
2. To co-ordinate the appropriate allocation of relevant company resources as it applies to ongoing community issues and concerns.
3. To appropriately represent the company when attending relevant industry and community related events on an ongoing basis.
1. To schedule on-air talent on a weekly and as needed basis.
2. To submit relevant payroll documentation to accounting bi-weekly.
3. To approve and monitor sick leave and the vacation schedule on an ongoing basis.
4. To document all relevant information as it applies to programming on an ongoing basis.
5. To develop, implement and monitor all relevant department policies & procedures on an ongoing basis.
6. To attend Management, Promotions, Sales, Music and Announcers meetings as needed.
7. To "trouble-shoot" on relevant Operational issues as needed.
8. To ensure that effective interdepartmental communication occurs on an ongoing basis.
9. Manage content and quality of the station(s) website(s).
1. To investigate and participate in relevant skill building workshops as it applies to the ongoing development of the function.
2. To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
3. To drive your own Performance Appraisal every six months.
*Competence is defined as using "effectiveness and efficiency" in equal measure at all times
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results