Assistant Program Director/ Executive Producer- Sports Talk
|Location:||NC – Charlotte|
Assistant Program Director and Executive Producer (Sports Talk)
To competently* and professionally* provide continuity and surveillance information in a professional, knowledgeable and entertaining way and will be active in pre-show strategy and execution while staying within the negotiated job responsibilities at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50), outstanding computer skills, some travel required.
· Customer Liaison
· Professional Development
OBJECTIVES (by Responsibility):
1. Work with talent to develop complelling on-air content.
2. Working knowledge of Wide Orbit automation
3. Listen to, develop and maintain informed opinion on topics supplied to the radio station on an ongoing basis.
4. Make decisions as to appropriateness of topics for airplay on an on-going basis.
5. Liaison with external sources and suppliers as required on a daily basis.
6. Develop and maintain all clocks, rotations, category compositions, rules etc. as they relate to scheduling.
7. Schedule and troubleshoot daily logs.
8. Maintain/update database and software as required.
9. Generate and distribute reports as required.
1. Schedule on-air talent on a weekly and as-required basis.
2. Coordinate with other staff members to ensure programming airs as required.
3. Train appropriate staff in operation of on-air technology as required.
4. Communicate daily with Program Director to report and trouble-shoot on all operational discrepancies and issues of non-performance.
5. Fill in for Program Director as required.
6. To work with the station's Web Editor to ensure content and promotions are relevant to the target audience
To ensure appropriate technical operation of all audio components of the morning show on an ongoing basis. This includes:
· Pull audio for the show, sound bites, etc. from TV shows, events, concerts and interviews.
· Providing a smooth, uninterrupted flow on air.
· Maintaining established on-air time frames.
· Reporting equipment and other discrepancies immediately when appropriate.
· Following daily logs to ensure all programming material (commercials, news, live tags etc.) are aired appropriately.
· Initialing and listing actual times run for each item on log.
· Maintain and update website daily. Meet with webmaster daily.
· Maintain a "computer bit" file for bits, production, etc.
· Make sure the show is actively on the internet (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
· Edit tape, phone conversations, bits, etc.
1. To assist Program Director in dealing with listener complaints and suggestions on an ongoing basis.
2. To respond to any and all queries from listeners when needed.
3. To appropriately represent the company when attending relevant industry and community related events on an ongoing basis.
judgmental (when appropriate)
1. To investigate and participate in relevant skill building workshops as it applies to the ongoing development of the function.
2. To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
3. To drive my own Performance Appraisal every six months.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times
*Competence is defined as using "effectiveness and efficiency" in equal measure at all times
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and vets.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results