Job Title : National Sales Project Manager Department: Radio Division
Reports To : Manager, Ad Sales Marketing
Location : Remote (New York, NY or Atlanta, GA)
Company Overview: The Urban One story began 40 years ago with one radio station and is now a multimedia powerhouse with 50+ radio stations in 13 markets (Radio One), nationally syndicated radio personality networks (Reach Media), national cable television networks (TV One/CLEO TV), and digital, social, mobile brands (Interactive One).
Role: We are searching for a Project Manager to professionally and competently develop, manage, and execute various client campaigns, promotions, and events associated with the Radio One stations and Reach Media nationally syndicated networks as well as associated R1 Digital and social properties. The role is a key member of the national and corporate sales team who will have to assist in all aspects of cross-platform campaigns and promotions.
- Assist the National Sales team in developing, managing, executing and providing oversight of cross-platform promotions and contest initiatives.
- Collaborate with multiple departments across multiple markets and/or networks to execute promotions that may include live reads/endorsements, digital elements, contesting, remotes, event sponsorships, van hits, etc.
- Organize logistical requirements for events and promotions while ensuring that each event is successful and aligns to our brands and our clients’ needs.
- Assist in developing promotional ideas.
- Provide project status updates to the National Sales team.
- Occasionally serve as a company representative on location at events when needed.
- Maintain accurate records of contestants and ensure contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and laws.
- Prepares rules, waivers and releases for all contesting as needed.
- Work station events when needed including but not limited to set up of promotion and equipment for remotes, broadcasts, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Attend and contribute to sales and promotion meetings.
- Lead the internal promotions process and ensure that effective interdepartmental sales promotion activity communication occurs on an ongoing basis.
- Appropriately represent the company when attending relevant trade shows and community related events on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in relevant skill building workshops as it applies to the ongoing development of the function as needed.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- Ensure that appropriate Self-Management is exercised at all times, as it applies to the overall function and specifically as it relates to:
- Overall Professionalism
- Dress code (should be consistent with your job function, including appropriate grooming)
- Confidentiality (at all times)
- Managing Emotions ( Emotional Maturity and control in all situations)
- Taking Initiative (may include taking risks)
- Being self-directed
- Accepting responsibility
- Being accountable
- Accepting and growing with others Critique
- Being objective (issue relevant)
- Building and maintaining workable relationships
- Suspending judgment (when relevant)
- Not discriminating
- Being accepting rather than judgmental (when appropriate)
- Allowing others their feelings
- Extending common courtesies
- Behaving out of a sense of urgency (when appropriate)
- Striving for Balance
- Appropriately delegating
- Evolving self-awareness
- Problem Solving and Decision Making (within scope of the function)
- Organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to work with speed and urgency
- Proficient with developing creative, engaging, and visually pleasing PowerPoint sales presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment and foster strong relationships with interdepartmental team members and effectively communicate with external clients
- Creative and solutions-oriented thinker who can navigate a highly-matrixed organization and has a proven ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects at one time
- Strategic big-picture thinker and creative problem solver
- Positive energy and proactive personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to formulate clear and concise marketing materials, persuasive sales stories, and presentation delivery to internal and external audiences
- A passion for marketing, media, and strategic partnerships
- Understanding of the media sales process and sponsorship pricing/packaging strategy a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel)
Legal right to work in the U.S.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent. 2-3 years of experience in radio sales/promotions or similar media marketing/promotions role .
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.