The Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent is responsible for the auditing of all charges and postings, correcting work as required. The Night Auditor reconciles daily activity and closes all accounts in preparation for the new day. All information will be processed and formatted into daily reports and distributed as the morning reports to finance and housekeeping. Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently: process all payments according to hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to guests and visitors.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve gust complaints, ensuring gust satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation
- All room types, numbers, layout, and location
- All room rates, special packages, and hotel/casino promotions
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Scheduled daily group activities
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned worked areas.
- Pick up, count and maintain bank.Secure bank at all times
- Read the log book, emails, daily and record or respond to pertinent information in the log book.
- Process payments to all guest accounts.
- Process adjustments, rebates, paid outs, and credits as required.
- Operate Property Management System (PMS) – LMS and maintain security of system.
- Verifies that all tickets are closed against folios and logs any open tickets in the point of sales (POS) Micros system.
- Run the audit for comp accounting for entire property.
- Audits rooms cashier’s work and correct discrepancies.
- Audits all miscellaneous (incidental charges/postings/tickets) from the outlets.
- Verifies package postings on package folios.
- Run Room & Tax verifying that all rooms rates posted.
- Verify cashier’s report to drop log and paperwork.
- Records room statistics with reports in LMS
- Close PMS after all work is balanced.
- Run end of day program and close day.
- Check that interfaces are up and running.
- Run daily flash reports and distribute accordingly.
- Run morning reports and backup reports and distribute accordingly.
- Sign out and brief the next shift.
- Review night audit checklist and verify that all work has been completed.
Skills, Education & Other Requirements
- High School graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- 1-2 years Front Desk Agent experience.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
Required Work Cards
- Identification that establishes identity
- Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States
- TAM Card
Machinery, Work Equipment, Programs, Software, Hardware Used
- A/S 400 Property Management System – LMS
- Microsoft Excel/Word
- Lotus Notes
- GNAV – Room Res call center control
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.