At Hyatt Place Fort Worth in partnership with Silverton Casino, LLC, we believe our guests select Hyatt Place because of our caring and attentive team members who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. The Front Desk Supervisor should possess a minimum of one year previous hotel experience, excellent verbal/written communication skills, as well as basic computer skills. Food and Beverage cost control experience is helpful. Open availability based upon the operational need – will vary weekly but may include nights, weekends, holidays and possibly overnight.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Experience and a thorough understanding of Front Office operations.
- Other duties include resolving guest complaints or inquiries, general office duties, etc.
- First contact for guest concerns - Each hotel to set specific options for service recovery
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Training of all new Gallery Hosts
- Conduct huddles to ensure clear communication of the days’ events to all Gallery Hosts
- Food & Beverage inventory and ordering
- Oversee FIFO (first in/first out) process with Food & Beverage
- Conduct property tours for new hires and clients as necessary to assist the Sales department
- Oversee group reservations to ensure that they are pre-assigned and pre-keyed
- Initiate boards for Housekeeping in the morning.
- Walk through of public areas and kitchen with follow up report/checklist to management
- Responsible for overseeing proper meeting room set up/tear down for internal and external clients
- Inventory control of Gallery Host Stand supplies and kitchen supplies
Skills, Education & Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year hotel experience preferably at Hyatt Place
- Completion of all First Place Training Modules
- Schedule flexibility - must be able to work any shift
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work well with other team members
- A desire and the ability to grow into a management role is preferred
Required Work Cards
- Identification that establishes identity
- Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States
- Possession of/or ability to possess a Health Card
Machinery, Work Equipment, Programs, Software, Hardware Used
- Regular use of a computer and different software programs.
- Basic math and spelling skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good organizational skills.
- This position requires sufficient experience, education and job knowledge to meet current business needs
- Continuous movement, and occasionally, you will have to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.