IT Systems Administrator
Location: Chicago, IL/ US Remote
Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process! Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Every day, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process. We’re a fast-growing, award-winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
The IT Systems Administrator is a key member of the IT team. Our IT Systems Administrator will play a vital role in supporting the technical operations and security of Envoy Global’ s physical cloud (Azure), and our electronic data infrastructure. The IT Administrator will work alongside the IT team to ensure both company and employee IT needs are met. You must also thrive in a team environment!
As our successful candidate, you will:
- Assist in designing and implementing Envoy Global’ s network and security strategies.
- Implement IT projects that ensure infrastructure is 24x7 operational as well as cost effective.
- Work with vendors and internal groups, to establish and maintain on-prem and Azure networks for performance and security.
- Manage Firewalls, Wireless, Tunnels, Azure VNets, Network Security Groups, VPN, DNS, Certificates, Encryption
- Install and maintain on-premises servers (Windows server 20xx) both physical and Hyper-V.
- Maintain backups for on-premises and Azure critical systems.
- Manage Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Avaya Phones, Office 365 Email, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Participate in architecture, requirements, and planning sessions, both internally and with other IT groups.
- Create and maintain documentation including Architectural Diagrams, Procedures, Policies, and Audits.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and contractors for procurement, services, and maintenance of software and systems.
- Work closely with Helpdesk, DevOps, and Security teams to ensure management, operability, and security of end user permissions, workstations, and devices.
- Proactively plan and organize to adjust to the flexible needs of Envoy Global’ s business.
- Maintain communications, process, and procedures with a geo-diverse IT staff.
To be eligible for this position, you must possess:
- At least 3 years of cloud experience with a focus on networking and security, preferably in an Azure environment using infrastructure as a code deployment platform (Git, Terraform, ARM, Cloud Formation)
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant IT work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field or relevant work experience in an IT Managed Services environment
- Desired Certifications: CCSP, MCSE, ITIL, NIST, Azure Infrastructure/Architect (AZ-304,305,500,700).
- Knowledge of cloud systems connectivity in a multi-region, hybrid environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge in networking and network security, including: OSI, encryption, TCP/UDP, DNS, IDP/SAML, Routing tables, BGP, VPN, 802.11, Load Balancers, Proxy Servers.
- Knowledgeable in installing, configuring, and maintaining IDS/IDP systems as well as physical and virtual firewalls.
- Strong experience in maintaining and provisioning Active Directory, including Group Policies, Sites, DHCP/DNS, Attributes, Profiles, Schemas, Organizational Units (OU), Domains, Certificate Services, federation, and Azure Integrations (AzConnect).
- Experience in communication systems including Avaya phones, 3rd party (RingCentral, MightyCall, Voice) as well as conferencing systems (Teams, Crestron, Polycom)
- Understand security and compliance requirements and controls as it relates to Cloud services and regions, NIST 800, SOC2, ISO 27001.
- Experience with and understanding of cloud PAAS systems (SQL, Redis, VNETs, Storage, Kubernetes), specifically networking, connectivity, and security requirements.
- Familiarity with managing 3rd party PAAS storage systems, (Egnyte, Box, ShareFile).
- Understanding of Change Management as well as the role of IT in Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
- Be available 24x7 to assist in operational or security incidents.
In return for working with you, you will be provided with a supportive and fun work
environment, working with people who take great pride in making a difference in the world of immigration.
To APPLY please send through your updated resume via the link.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Envoy Global has several safety protocols in place to protect employees, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.