Please be advised that Amicus has entered into a Business Combination Agreement for the purpose of launching Caritas Therapeutics, Inc. (“Caritas”) a next generation genetic medicine company. Upon the closing of that transaction, Amicus and Caritas will be two separate publicly traded companies and this position will reside in the Caritas organization.
The Corporate paralegal will support a variety of legal matters including contracting drafting, SEC filings and IP docket management. This position will report to VP Legal and will work collaboratively with a cross-functional scientific team and with outside counsel. This position will have significant growth potential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft a variety of contracts using standard template agreements
- Negotiate a variety of common contractual issues related to standard template agreements and internal standards
- Preparation of amendments to contracts, as necessary, and managing the contract amendment process
- Establish contract management procedures and controls for ensuring use of appropriate forms and adherence to established corporate contracts policies
- Work with legal and business teams to develop and maintain standard template contracts in a variety of areas.
- Support contract management tool and create various "self-service" tools and resources for business and Legal Department use within contract system
- Coordinate execution of agreements and track matters
- Respond to general inquiries and requests for legal documents and templates
- Conduct training presentations for internal business groups
- Prepare and disseminate information to the business regarding contract processes and status; facilitate meetings
- Serve as a liaison between the legal and business teams
- Support general corporate matters and SEC compliance, including Section 16 reporting compliance
- Support patent docketing and information management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Paralegal certification or professional contracts manager is a plus
Professional Work Experience Requirements
- Prior in-house experience working in legal department is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with commercial and/or clinical agreements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in corporate matters
- Prior experience supporting IP matters is a plus
Experience and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a large number of complex issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated high proficiency for correct spelling, grammar, tone, and syntax
- High-level of experience in contract drafting and negotiation
- Advanced computer skills (e.g. expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and contract management applications)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with a high volume of assignments
- Sound legal and business judgment
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive, confidential material
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, commitment to client service, and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including teammates and business team members across the Company as well as with outside vendors and consultants
- Ability to deal confidently with internal and external customers at all organizational levels
- Ability to understand and explain risk in various scenarios
- Corporate Headquarters is in Philadelphia, PA
- It is expected that any remote workers are able to travel to the office up to 10% of the time
We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all. Our unique experiences, backgrounds and range of cultural perspectives enrich how we approach opportunities, pushing ideas as far and as fast as possible with patients always our top priority. Employee expertise, intelligence, and creativity drives our innovation, and our passion and commitment to excellence. Our “Three Pillars of DEI” are interwoven into our Caritas culture and expands one person, one word, and one act at a time. For our employees, these three pillars are a touchstone for inspiration, guidance, and encouragement.
Caritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.