Clinical Data Management Summer Intern
Summary of Position
Amicus Therapeutics is a global, patient-dedicated biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and delivering high-quality medicines for people living with rare metabolic diseases.
Amicus Summer Internship Program is created to give students an opportunity for experiential learning in a corporate environment. This is a meaningful, mutually beneficial program where students will bring innovation and drive that will help us reach our goals. In turn, our highly skilled Amicus team will help students apply what they already know and broaden their knowledge base.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week remote) paid internship that will run from May 16, 2022 until August 12, 2022.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Clinical Data Associate Intern is responsible for:
- Review of Data Management Documents, Data Management Plans (DMP) and Local Lab Data Handling Plans to understand procedures and processes related to the management of external vendor and local laboratory data. –
- Attend training sessions to learn universal tools linked to Electronic Data Capture (EDC) and Lab Modules - Attend training sessions for data management system edit / data validation checks and special listings / procedures used as tools for the data review, vendor data reconciliation, local laboratory data reconciliation, and discrepancy management activities
- Assist with review of local lab edit checks, reports, and listings, as well as perform QC of local lab normal reference ranges and range entry.
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence.
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership
Developmental, Experiential & Educational Value (for Summer Intern)
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Amicus 2022 Internship Program as a Clinical Data Management Intern! As an Amicus intern, you will have the opportunity to be part of a biotechnology company at the forefront of advanced therapies to treat a range of devasting rare diseases. You will also support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in Clinical Research disciplines and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives in the rare disease space. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire trainings. You will be able to benefit from a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people.
Qualifications and Background Requirements
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited college Undergraduate or Masters program
- Sophomore or higher with a GPA 3.0 or higher
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without needing sponsorship for employment now or in the future
Ideal Educational Experience
- HealthCare, Science, or Biology majors
- Preferred location is Princeton, NJ (with a hybrid work approach)
- It is expected that any remote workers are able to travel to the office up to 10% of the time
We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all. Our unique experiences, backgrounds and range of cultural perspectives enrich how we approach opportunities, pushing ideas as far and as fast as possible with patients always our top priority. Employee expertise, intelligence, and creativity drives our innovation, and our passion and commitment to excellence. Our “Three Pillars of DEI” are interwoven into our Amicus culture and expands one person, one word, and one act at a time. For our employees, these three pillars are a touchstone for inspiration, guidance, and encouragement.
Amicus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.