Business Operations Manager
The Business Operations Manager will provide technical support to the Business Operations Director (BOD) coupled with an appropriate level of rigor and review on data, they will also interact with International and Global Functions (which will include Finance, Commercial Operations and Technical Operations), and a number of countries under the supervision of the BOD. This role will work within the EMEA region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide support for the budget and forecast process (annual and long term) and ensure delivery of reporting deadlines on the financial systems.
• Prepare monthly performance reports and variance commentary for and with the countries
• Perform financial and business analysis, for business review and ad-hoc
• Provide local liaison support for statutory financials & audits where applicable
• Support the CRM system for sales reporting and future development
• Support the implementation of the sales plan, territory alignment and territory analytics
• Contribute to global best practice sharing locally and regionally in all areas of business decisions
• Involvement in market intelligence and data analytics projects
• Tracking of pricing, in-market and ex-factory data.
• Input into pricing strategies / scenarios in conjunction with Market Access
• Work with the BOD for regional demand consolidation and review with International Team within S&OP process. Ability to support BOD with producing accurate short-term forecasts of demand
• Ability to segment/analyze and give feedback on sales patterns, patient dynamics, ordering patterns, compliance and ensure units remain at the intended point of contact
• Resolve operational issues with the help of finance, supply chain and legal department
• Suggest and support process and system improvements
• Support International and Global projects
• A Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline (Business operations, financial management, Operation research or MBA)
• Qualification, or experience is required.
• English essential
Professional Work Experience Requirements
• Experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry essential (minimum 5 years)
• Experience of financial planning and business analytics, preferably in an International environment
• Strong Excel skills essential, ability to build models etc.
• Experience in Pharma CRM including the development of reports and SFE
• Excellent understanding of analytical methodologies and tools
• Experience in market research and other business intelligence activities would be beneficial
Experience and Skills
• Good collaboration skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
• Operational experience in a commercial environment with experience of working on cross functional projects.
• Passionate about business excellence in a cost-effective environment.
• New product launch experience.
• Demonstrated alignment with Amicus Mission Focus Behaviors
• Passion for rare disease and patient focused
• Integrity, discretion, and credibility is a must.
• Excellent relationship building.
• Pro-active and problem-solving attitude.
• Self-starter and open to bring new ideas to the table.
• Systematic approach and attention to details is essential
• An excellent problem solver, keen to resolve pressing business issues.
• Ability to undertake International travel as required.
We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all. Our unique experiences, backgrounds and range of cultural perspectives enrich how we approach opportunities, pushing ideas as far and as fast as possible with patients always our top priority. Employee expertise, intelligence, and creativity drives our innovation, and our passion and commitment to excellence. Our “Three Pillars of DEI” are interwoven into our Amicus culture and expands one person, one word, and one act at a time. For our employees, these three pillars are a touchstone for inspiration, guidance, and encouragement.
Amicus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.