A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. When you choose a career with CoBank, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. In order to be the best, we hire the best!
Remarkable Benefits offered by CoBank
- Careers with a purpose-stand for something!
- Competitive Compensation & Incentive
- Benefits Packages, including: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- CoBank University robust curriculum –associate training and development, including higher education tuition reimbursement
- Outstanding 401k – up to 9% matching!
- Time-Off Packages – Vacation 15+ days, 10 Paid Sick Days, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Community Impact – United Way Angel Day, Volunteer Day and Associate Directed Contribution
- Associate Resource Groups – creating a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Recognize a fellow associate with “GEM” awards, including a monetary value
- Remote day(s) available
- On-site Fitness Center and Cafe
- ECO transportation pass provided to every Denver associate
At CoBank, our Capital Markets Analyst provides support for the marketing of capital markets products, including loan syndications and other debt placements. Responsible for analytical support of CoBank’s capital market transactions. Prepares offering memoranda, transaction marketing proposals, and competitive pricing analyses. Tracks various internal and external capital markets activities and metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides transaction support to senior capital markets officers and capital markets team leader. Assists in the marketing and support of capital markets products, including loan syndications, and assists in the development of new products.
- Executes sales and marketing efforts on syndications and loans to be sold to Farm Credit System and commercial bank investors.
- Processes amendments, waivers, and routine communication with bank groups.
- Drafts offering memoranda and marketing presentations, and performs analytical work involving capital structure and pricing determination.
- Provides competitive pricing and structure analysis, including peer comparisons.
- Maintains division databases, and tracks loan servicing and divisional metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or relevant discipline and
- Three (3) or more years of experience in capital markets, credit and financing alternatives, preferably in a commercial or investment-banking environment; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Experienced and skilled at generating PowerPoint marketing pitches.
- Knowledge of credit and financial analysis, including cash flow analysis, balance sheet analysis, profitability, liquidity, and solvency analysis.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), taxation, legal forms of organizations, and business law.
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques and preparation of pro forma financial statements.
- Knowledge of typical credit underwriting policies, procedures, processes, collateral valuation and documentation.
- Ability to perform discounted cash flow analysis, capital budgeting (internal rate of return, net present value, etc.), and equity valuation calculations.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation, with the ability to work effectively with external customers.
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and build consensus, and build and maintain effective working relationships with management, associates, customers and other stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), with advanced ability to use spreadsheets, presentation and database applications.
- Estimated Base Salary Range: $70,000-85,000
- Target short-term incentive opportunity: 11%
CoBank stands strong as a $135 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural America. As a national cooperative bank and a proud member of the Farm Credit System it is our mission to serve as a relevant and dependable provider of credit and other value-added financial services. From our headquarters in Denver, Colorado and our regional banking centers across the US, CoBank provides loans, leases, export financing and other financial services to agribusinesses and rural power, water and communications providers in all 50 states.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.