The digital editor must have strong knowledge of public education and matters impacting students and educators. As an experienced digital editor, responsibilities include organizing and creating content, managing updates, maintenance and development of the website, and using analytics to improve the user experience. Excellent communication skills with ability to express our organization’s views creatively utilizing the latest digital technologies is essential to ensure our web presence for high levels of web traffic and member engagement. The understanding of the issues facing public education and labor unions is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, manage, and update content on CTA.org and other assigned CTA properties.
- Produce and publish compelling content across websites/mobile, video, email, text and social platforms in collaboration with departments to create positive online experiences for CTA’s digital audiences.
- Manage and maintain overall quality and execution of content from start to finish by partnering with the team members to innovate and collaborate on final deliverables.
- Responsible for consistency with site vision and style guide, while developing understanding of strategies to help keep content fresh.
- Work with digital team and communication managers, technical staff, and vendors to execute initiatives
- Create, update and maintain content in CMS.
- Monitor content on live site and troubleshooting issues.
- Develop and execute digital journeys tailored to meet members’ preferences.
- Partner with digital team and other departments to develop creative digital solutions to organizational challenges.
- Develop and update a process to identify, train and organize digital advocates.
- Assisting in the identification and developments of strategies aimed at building and retaining membership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Information Science, Marketing, or related discipline
- Significant professional media experience with digital design, development of digital plans and storytelling, web publishing and execution in a labor, campaign, or progressive environment, membership outreach and development, and/or volunteer organizing.
- Experience with online content strategy, organization and management and content management systems.
- Experience with designing and developing member digital journeys to increase engagement.
- Experience managing social media presences by drafting content, identifying supporters, editing photos, and monitoring comments and mentions.
- Demonstrated media experience with digital campaign execution in a labor campaign.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Experience with video editing, graphic design, and production processes for websites.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and learn programs necessary to complete assignments.
- Ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes and changing priorities/conditions.
- Experience and commitment to team approach.
- Broad understanding of the critical issues and problems facing the public schools and educators in California.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
* This position is in a bargaining unit represented by CSO. Salaries are established by a collective bargaining agreement. Step placement is also determined by the CTA/CSO Agreement.