Will assist with acquisition, inventory, and disposal of NOAA property. Perform various functions to support the management of Government property, including:
- Assist with maintenance of records for accountable personal property within an assigned custodial area.
- Assist in initiating or processing documents affecting the accountability or custody of personal property in accordance with NESDIS procedures.
- Maintain a listing of personal property used for official purposes.
- Identifying and reporting on Government excess property.
- Submit reports to the Government regarding lost, missing, stolen, destroyed, damaged, or rendered unserviceable accountable personal property.
- Affix PIN labels onto accountable personal property.
- Assist the Government with physical inventories and reconciling inventory records.
- Assist with employee separation clearance process by ensuring that all assigned property has been accounted for.
- Maintain record of accountable personal property assigned to the custodial area that is removed for use or repair outside of the custodial area.
- Verify loaned accountable personal property is returned upon expiration of the loan.
- Coordinate with the appropriate NOAA Property Custodian to verify all assets are documented, managed, and maintained per NOAA SOPs, including but not limited to the following:
- Verify completed forms for handling equipment assignment, transfer, and surplus.
- Create, update, and deliver a monthly audit report of property assets, which includes the disposition of any assets that have been removed from the inventory.
- Perform semi-annual and annual touch inventory and deliver a Discrepancy Property Audit Report to the Property Custodian.
Shipping and Receiving
Will perform shipping and receiving functions for all equipment, spare parts, and items for return to vendors, suppliers, and repair facilities. Shipping and Receiving activities include:
- Perform shipping and receiving functions for equipment or spare parts acquired or items for return to vendors or suppliers, including equipment or spare parts received for repair.
- Assemble items, containers, boxes, and crates to be shipped and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Unpack and route items received to appropriate storage areas.
- Utilize Government-provided shipping accounts with carriers to ship packages to the required locations upon request of the authorized Government official.
- Obtain or help to obtain export licenses and documentation or customs documentation.
- Provide services for the hardware and software items received on the contract. Tasks include:
- Prepare hardware and software purchase packages.
- Validate that all correct, accurate property data is conveyed to NOAA/NESDIS through the Government mandated property reporting activities.
- Perform and verify proper tagging of all Government equipment with DOC barcodes and any other identifying information during quarterly inventories, per property management guidelines.
Must be familiar with product control systems/databases, inventory reporting, and storage room organization. Must be adept at using MS Office software suite. Must have good organization, interpersonal, and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Must be able to physically lift and carry property up to 50 pounds. Experience using loading dock equipment, a plus. Experience with Sunflower database, a very big plus.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
High School diploma or equivalent. AA preferred.