The Office of Water Prediction (OWP) is an organization that includes physical locations in Alabama, Maryland, and Minnesota. OWP collaboratively researches, develops, and delivers state-of-the-science national hydrologic analyses, forecast information, data, decision-support services and guidance to support and inform essential emergency services and water management decisions.
Will maintain data files and control procedures for a system of networked personal computers or for a group of desktop computers linked to a host server. They are responsible for system security and data integrity. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and creating Microsoft's Active Directory
- Maintain Domain Name Services (DNS) and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) databases.
- Support the OWP ITSG IT Service Management (ITSM) Help Desk utilizing automated ITSM applications, currently Samanage and VLAB.
- Accurately diagnose technical problems, situations, and risks.
- Work with team to address security concerns within 30 days or less as discovered in Tenable, or by pen testing.
- Assist in the maintenance of system-level IT security procedures, and ensure all systems meet current FISMA System accreditation categorizations (currently FISMA Moderate).
- Configures and manages Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software,
- Troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Interface with vendor technical personnel in providing problem resolution.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Will utilize SCCM to implement proper system patching to address security vulnerabilities and accurately report security incidents.
- Act as the point of contact for NOAA's Computer Incident Response Team (NCIRT) and notify the appropriate NOAA personnel whenever a computer security incident occurs.
- Produce periodic business reports, generate output such as labels, letters, and forms, and respond to frequent management request for information.
- Install hardware components and system software.
- Install in-house and Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software.
- Perform housekeeping functions, including the deletion of orphaned processes, backing up critical files and maintaining recovery processes.
- Provide email support including account creation and end-user instruction.
- Provide in-house technical training as required.
- Monitor and support the processes, which move and manipulate environmental data throughout the computing environment.
- Support system switches from primary to backup systems, as required.
- Provide assistance with network security problems as required.
4+ years system administration experience. Provide MS-Windows Active Directory services with DNS. Ability to Install hardware and software components and perform housekeeping functions, such as backing up critical files and provide backup verification, as required. Utilizing SCCM to deploy system wide patching.
- Experience with network administer responsibilities.
- Experience with Storage, Virtual Environments, and/or Virtual Input Devices.
- Experience with administrating MAC devices.
- Ability to maintain identification and authentication servers (ICAM).
- Ability to maintain secure network protocols including HTTPS, sFTP, FTPs, SMTP, LDM, and others as required (DHCP servers, (DNS) databases).
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent.