The Range Network Systems Engineering & Integration (RN SE&I) contract provides Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support to the USSF Space Systems Command (SSC) Enterprise Corps (EC). EC acquires services to modernize and sustain the Satellite Control Network (SCN), the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS), and the Space Training Acquisition Office (STAO).
We are seeking a Network Engineer with experience in Research & Development, Rapid Development or Agile methodologies for the RN SE&I contract to support the SCN government team. Duties may include:
- Design a detailed engineering transition plan to move a dated DoD network to a modern network architecture
- Providing Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support for various instrumentation systems including telemetry, command control, radar, communications, and associated systems.
- Perform engineering of system architectures, requirements analysis and decomposition, including system performance test and verification.
- Perform engineering analyses to predict and define problems, define/design actionable corrective measures, and operational implementation.
- Track requirements to subsystems, generate requirements documents.
- Participate in technical meetings and government-led studies, assess technical baselines and ensure system modifications meet requirements.
3+ years of related experience in infrastructure/network/storage environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementation of infrastructure.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain and maintain the DoD Secret clearance required for this position.
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development, and execution testing.
- Experience with transitioning dated DoD networks to modern network designs while remaining within DoD cyber constraints.
- Design experience, implementation, and troubleshooting of voice systems, WAN/LAN networking and virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Proficiency with communication network analysis tools (i.e. QualNet, NS3, Fortinet, SIEM, IDS/IPS) along with Unix and Windows.
- Direct experience with the deployment of cloud or virtual based solutions.
- Applied experience in cyber security tool deployment to networked devices such as HBSS, Solarwinds, and SL1.
- Enterprise firewall experience – experience configuring and managing enterprise firewalls and gateway devices.
- Capability in the development of cyber security artifacts to support system accreditation.
- Understanding of networking principles in space applications.
- Experience with a variety of communication system architectures for variety of RF applications.
- Working knowledge of the Satellite Control Network or similar communications architecture.
- Proficiency with analysis tools for space applications (STK Comm module, Riverbed Modeler).
- Experience developing required documentation to setup communications connectivity at military installations.
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, related, or equivalent.
ERT is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer - All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.