Situated at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, amongst Queensland’s Whitsunday Islands, Hamilton Island is one of Australia’s most spectacular holiday destinations. Home to a 1200 strong community and with a corporate office in Sydney, Hamilton Island Enterprises offers a career opportunity for a System Support Specialist.
Imagine your morning work commute is wandering down palm fringed paths overlooking azure blue seas and feeling the warm gentle breeze. Your days off might be spent hiking, snorkelling, sailing or fishing or perhaps just lying under a palm tree reading a book. No this isn’t a dream, this could be your reality when you join the Hamilton Island IT team.
- $1500 Qld Government Work in Paradise initiative*
- Competitive salary with subsidised furnished accommodation
- Staff benefits including $10 pw gym membership
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Walk to work - forget city traffic
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
About the Role
You will use your results driven customer focused support skills to provide help desk, level 1 and level 2 support to systems applications and hardware.
You will also:
- Attend to user support requests
- Provide support for desktop application packages and printers
- Analyse root cause of queries and support for software application packages such as SMS/Host, Infogenesis POS, Technology One, Delphi.fdc, Spa Soft
- Assist with the administration of the Resort’s Domain, Windows Servers , Active Directory, Citrix environments, Network infrastructure, Printing infrastructure, CCTV, IP-TV)
- Provide afterhours support (On-Call), 1 in 5 rotation
- Provide subject matter expertise to infrastructure projects specialist in implementing new network design and development
- Act as subject matter expert to support the CCTV, IPTV, DSL and WAP infrastructure
You’re a team player, you love helping people and are able to effectively communicate with people with all levels of IT skills. You pride yourself on your customer service skills and first time resolutions.
You will also have:
- Current Drivers Licence
- Recent IT helpdesk / Service desk experience
- Experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix, MS Office, MS Windows
- Experience with POS user and hardware support
- Although not essential Help Desk experience in the Hospitality industry will be highly regarded
APPLY NOW to progress your career in paradise!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island