Situated at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, amongst Queensland’s Whitsunday Islands, Hamilton Island is one of Australia’s most spectacular holiday destinations. Home to a 1200 strong community and with a corporate office in Sydney, Hamilton Island Enterprises offers a career opportunity for an IT Help Desk Manager.
Imagine your morning work commute is wandering down palm fringed paths overlooking azure blue seas and feeling the warm gentle breeze. Your days off might be spent hiking, snorkelling, sailing or fishing or perhaps just lying under a palm tree reading a book. No this isn’t a dream, this could be your reality when you join the Hamilton Island IT team.
- $1500 Qld Government Work in Paradise initiative*
- Competitive salary with subsidised furnished accommodation
- Staff benefits including $10 pw gym membership
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Walk to work - forget city traffic
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
About the Role
As the main point of contact for key stakeholders on Hamilton Island, reporting directly to the Sydney based General Manager of IT you will lead a team of 5 customer focus and results driven support desk specialists.
You will be responsible for:
- Building test scripts, testing, UAT assistance, go-live assistance, archiving and decommissioning.
- Working with call logging software and participate in implementing new functionality, upgrades, expansions and decommissioning of systems, infrastructure and data to meet business requirements.
- The prioritisation and delegation of tasks and responsibilities to your team to ensure the timely resolution of all cases in the Help Desk queue whilst working with the business to identify, improve and enhance operational procedures.
- You will manage rosters and participate in a 24 hour on call rotating roster. You will set performance tasks and conduct interim and performance reviews.
You are a customer-focused professional who will utilise your exceptional organisational and communication skills to lead your team of 5. You have a solid working knowledge of IT to guide the team, but where you shine is in your Exceptional Customer Service. Your intuitive nature and your hands-on ability to ‘get things done’ will motivate staff and ensure a close working relationship with internal and external clients.
You will also have:
- Proven experience in a customer service management role.
- Current Open Driver's Licence
- Degree qualified in a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years management experience in IT Help Desks or Call Centre environments
- Significant IT industry knowledge
- Previous experience in supporting Microsoft Networks, Active Directory, Citrix Metaframe and MS Office packages.
Although not essential Project Management qualifications will be highly regarded.
Apply now to progress your career in paradise!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island